Glass container prefferences?

Since I try to single wick everything, for soy it would be anything 3" or under, un-sharp corners if angled, AND without a small neck. (Thats why I usually just use tumblers or status-jar type containers - I'm too picky with burns). :)

The keepsake or apothecary jars that are about 3 ½” double wick nicely. Almost anything 3” or smaller you can single wick, like Henry says. It depends too on if you have a “theme” going, if you are going to sell. I started out with the keepsake jars, but ended up setting up my site as “prim”, so am attempting to change my keepsakes over to 8 oz. sq. masons to fit in with my webpage. Almost anything straight sided is easier to wick too than something that is curvey, like the balmoral for instance. You also want to look at cost, and shipping if can’t pick them up. You may want to go with something that is close to you.

Ack. I have GOT to start reading better before I just up and answer questions. I'm sorry that I wasn't the least bit helpful.

Original post: I love my apothecaries. I use the flat-lidded ones, it sets my candles apart a little from the other apothecaries.

The keepsake or apothecary jars that are about 3 ½” double wick nicely. Almost anything 3” or smaller you can single wick, like Henry says. It depends too on if you have a “theme” going, if you are going to sell. I started out with the keepsake jars, but ended up setting up my site as “prim”, so am attempting to change my keepsakes over to 8 oz. sq. masons to fit in with my webpage. Almost anything straight sided is easier to wick too than something that is curvey, like the balmoral for instance. You also want to look at cost, and shipping if can’t pick them up. You may want to go with something that is close to you.

cute site kerry! but what do you mean by prim?

i want to stay away from "country looking".. it just isnt y personality, plus i think its over done

i really like these frosted 11oz tumblers i got, but theyre out of stock and a tad pricey

If you have been to my site, it is a little on the "prim" side. Prim meaning "primative", it is the look it has. I am also changing jars to cut down my costs and thus my pricing on my candles.

If you are looking for something classy looking, at least to me, are the 12 sided jars. The candles I poured in them looked very nice, but just wasn't the look I was going for. They were about the same cost as the 8 oz sq masons I chose. I think any kind of jelly or mason jar is going to give you a country look. But there are many to choose from. Just check out some of the jar specialty stores. Sometimes I just surf candle web sites and see what people are selling, to get ideas. Good luck to you! :)