Suggestins needed for sizes of premier 700 wicks

Hey guys--

Well, we got our samples, and somehow we must have lost our sheet that has the size suggestions for these wicks.

Is there a place online or does anyone know where to start with these wicks?

We use soy and 50/50

8 and 16 oz. square masons--, normally use CD 16 or 18

9 oz. hex-- CD 14

Elevation Apothecary Jars 16 oz and 26 oz--Double wicked with 2 hemp 1200 (soy) or 2 LX 12's (50/50)

Tureens-- (DOUBLE WICKED) 12 and 18 oz.

Sorry for the long request, just anxious to get started and have no clue where to start.

I'm wondering if any of you experienced chandlers out there can help me with the baseXneck field on the wickn'clip (AKA WICK IT) website. I received my free samples last December and have been test burning and am ready to place an order for wicks. However, I can't figure out what the significance of the baseXneck field is for on their order site. http://www.wicknclip.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XPW

When I contacted Joe Blythe at WICK IT (after not receiving a response from the info e-mail address on the website after a month), his response was "The base is the round part on the bottom and the neck is the piece that extend upwards from the base. The measurements are in Millimeters." When I measured out the 22 OZ apothecary jar that I wanted to order wicks for it is larger than the standard sizes on their web site. When I measure the base it is 9 cm, which would convert to 90 Millimeters, the neck measures 7.5 cm which would convert to 75 Millimeters. The largest baseXneck they have for a wick on their site is 38mmX4mm. Am I calculating this correctly for a standard 22 ounce apothecary jar? I don't understand the importance of the baseXneck.

Thanks,

Ann

Ann, the most popular tabs have either a 15mm or 20mm base. The container size doesn't matter except in rare cases where you might be able to use a self-centering tab.

I use 20mm but I can't think of what difference 15mm vs. 20mm would make. I suppose if you use wick stickums the wider ones might stick a little tighter.

The neck height is often viewed as a safety feature. If you seal the bottom of the tab with glue or silicone, the candle should stop burning when the wax level goes below the top of the neck. With a 3mm neck it would burn pretty much to the bottom and in some applications there might be a concern about the glass cracking from the heat of the flame. 9mm gives you a big safety margin. I use 6mm.

• 3 weeks later...