Making Grubby Jar Candles

The way I have done some are to use a spoon to stir the wax until it starts cooling then it will start to get thick and lumpy, stir until you get the way you want it to look, then spoon into jars pressing it down to fill any air spaces, remember it's a grubby look so it will be ugly,LOL

These are one of my biggest sellers. I whip the topping like always, but I fill the mug 3/4 full with reg. wax, let it set up and then put the topping on and whatever embeds I use to decorate with (to match fo). I've gotten to where I make more of these than I do any kind of jar. HTH

I recently tried these kind of candles. I used ezsoy but cant find a wick that works. For the embeds I used 4794, is this wax too hard for the soy? Can you use another kind of wax or maybe 50/50 with soy and J223 or J50? I really like the look of these so really want to get them right. What wicks would work best?

LaurieH

You can upload it to photobucket then copy the http link it gives you then on your message click on the add link icon then paste the http link and it will add the pic to your message Hope this makes sense I would love to see a pic also

That is my next project, to make one of those yummy candles! I want one for myself LOL.

I have been wondering how you light the candle if the embeds are overflowing!?

Charity, email me your pic, I can upload it for you or pm me.

I just want u all to know that Tess is going to post this pic. for me for u all to see! I hope you all like it--I just made a couple last night. I wish my camera was working to show u all the rootbeer mug I made last night! :( Let me know what you all think. Thanks for all of the offers to do this for me...I just don't have much time to go through it all with my twins and my candles (and let's not forget the hubby that feels left out!)

okay Maggie...now that I've sent you my pic. I've got to see yours when you do one! LOL!! I hope you have fun doing them! Can't wait to see your finished product! Lots of luck!

I'll post a picture for sure but first have to find the containers and get some more soy wax and wax embeds and... and..I know excuses....I will make some for sure...they are sooo sweet.....and unque...

Oh rootbeer floats:yay: ..I wanna see those too!!!!!!!:yay: See what you started...:highfive: it will be fun creatin something new for me........

Hugs Maggie