astrolite q

i've been experimenting with different kinds of waxes and found astrolite q is reallly unique and different but found that after it's hardened the oil scent is still wet and in pools on top to the candle. has anyone dealt with this and knows why it's happening? thanks:rolleyes2

If I remember right, Astor Q has is supposed to hold about 6% FO.

First, be sure you are adding your oil at aroun 180 and blending very well. Once cooled, you should not have any bleeding problems at average room temps.

BUT, and here's the kicker, days or months down the road, if the room temp in which the candle is sitting goes above about 85 or so, the oil is gonna bleed out the top like a bugger. If they are in a retail location that maybe has no A/C....ask me how I know, lol.

I discovered that all the way down to even 2% FO they will still bleed when they hit that temperature. I tested various oils, against 'Q' candles with zero FO, and all those with oil bleed, those without, don't. I switched.

Astor Q is just a veggie blend. Palm waxes are quite popular, they give the quartz (and other) effect. Candlewic carries a palm container wax that looks almost identical to Q. I've not tested it like I did the Q so can't tell you if it stands the heat any better. HTH.

• 2 months later...

I am confused...

Is Astrolite Q and palm wax the same thing?

I love the look of the crystal/glitter throughout the candles but I need to know which is what? If they are the same, great.... If not, can anyone tell me which one they feel is the better of the two... Would like to start making candles using one or the other and need some guidance..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..