Warning Labels -- Waterproof

Holly

I have been printing my own warning labels but they are not waterproof. If I remember right, when I did a search for labels before I started printing them, laser printers are the only printers that can produce waterproof labels. Is this right? I may remember seeing something about waterproof ink jet labels but can't remember. If this is true and until I want to spend the money on a laser printer, where (online candle supply stores) can you get preprinted labels done that are waterproof. I will check Peaks. I can't remember if they are waterproof or not. I live in Washington. So, something on the west side of the U.S. would be great. Thanks! :smiley2:

Ok, forgive me, cuz I think I am a little confused :embarasse Are you looking for waterproof warning labels for your candles? And if so, why???

If you spray your labels with the clear coat spray, it does wonders for waterproofing. I know that there are a few companies that do sell waterproof labels, and they are white. I spray all my labels, and it helps to keep them from rubbing off, and most of my b/b products will hold their labels even in the shower. Unless of course, you drop them in water and leave them for a few days, then who knows what will happen :rolleyes2

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the response. I had no idea about a spray. I have mainly been researching and testing for the insides of my candles :D and have not done as much research on the finishing touches on the outside. I have only sold to friends and have used my home printed warning labels which are not waterproof. I assume I can buy the clear coat spray at Micheals? What is it called? Thanks so much for the tip. :smiley2:

Hi Trish,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R320 and I have been using Epson Ink. Can mine use the ink you are referring to? I will look in the book and see what it says. What model number do you have? Thanks! :smiley2:

Hi Trish,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R320 and I have been using Epson Ink. Can mine use the ink you are referring to? I will look in the book and see what it says. What model number do you have? Thanks! :smiley2:

Only certain Epson printers use the durabrite inks. Mine is the CX5400 and I paid (I think) $116 on Amazon.com for it. They have some other ones that are under $100 with durabrite inks, and IMO, it's worth it!

Thanks Trish. Wow, that was a good price. Ours was more. It sure makes beautiful pictures though, so I guess it was worth it. It seems like no matter what printer I get, either something goes wrong with it, or now I have a great one but does not produce a waterproof print. :undecided I may buy one like you have and keep this one for the household. So, the print is REALLY smudge proof? Do you also spray it with that clear spray? Thanks again. :smiley2:

I don't spray it with anything. My friend does b&b and she got one too and the ink does not come off in the shower! (The labels themselves on the other hand....) For candles though, it's great. If the label gets wet, no ink comes off, as long as it doesn't get so soaked it falls off the container, you're good to go!

Yep any craft store has it, as do most Dollar stores. I was just curious as to why you wanted to pay extra to make your warning label waterproof? Most candles won't find their way into water, so I guess I could not understand. Me, I am a cheepy, lol! I have a b/w laser that I print my labels out with, and I use all clear labels on my b/b, and craft on my candles. It is not waterproof, however spraying helps with the b/b items, and since I do home shows alot, the spraying helps my craft labels so the writing doesn't smudge, since I am taking them out of the boxes over and over again.

Good luck, and if ya go shopping, have fun!

I have never seen a preprinted warning label that is NOT waterproof. I think all of them are printed on a laser printer and the toner is more like plastic then ink, the printer has to "fuse" the toner to the paper with high heat. The only thing that could happen if they get real wet is the paper could screw up and not stick to the jar, but the ink will not run! LOL

Bruce