Suggestions on liners for slab mold?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I made my own slab molds and I have been using freezer paper, but it's too much to cut and fit it right. Any other suggestions? I just want to throw it in there and pour my soap. If I use garbage bags, doesn't it make marks on my soap?

A lot of people use mylar plastic cut to fit for their molds. It's re-usable so you only have to fit it the first time and wash it off for consecutive uses. The garbage bags will make lines if it's not pulled tight or fit right.

I still use freezer paper in my molds. Takes me about 30 seconds to fold, cut and line it to fit in my molds, so it's not a problem for me.

HTH a little. :)

I used freezer paper too. Friend showed me a tutorial on how to make the lining easy and painless. It really works -- with a bit of practice it only takes a couple minutes to line.

However, for total ease and non-lining pleasure, I've switched over to mostly using Upland molds. Not lining your molds is priceless in my book. LOL

We've used the cheapo dollar store roll of bathroom trash can liners for as long as I have been making soap. Cost me $1.00 every 6 months because we cut them in ½. They are so thin and work so good.

My secret to a flawless outside is to spray the mold first with a pam type spray (again we use the cheapo dollar store spray) and push the liner into the mold. The liner adheres to the mold because of the spray and makes it smooth.