Castor oil

MsDammit

My wally-world does, but it's in the health & beauty department, around the aisle with all the health supplements & vitamins. 4 oz bottles are all I could find (little brown bottles) and they're $1.97 here. I've also found that my Kroger carries it in the same department in a blue bottle, 4 oz for about $1.50. It's cheaper to order it online, but I get it from these two places all the time when I'm in a pinch. Hope that helps ya!

Boy this really urks me. I did find castor oil at wal-mart. 4oz for $1.97. I needed a lil over 4 oz for the soap so I got 2 bottles of it. When I measured out the oil guess what-there was only 3.75 oz.:mad: Just another one of their money making tricks I guess-like the deli. I swear everytime I anything from the deli they always go over just a little bit- I don't mind but just think of the $$ they make from the extra quarter here and there. Ok enough of my babbling dammit.

Remember some things aren't by WEIGHT but by VOLUME. I would think that castor would be since it's so heavy. Kind of freaked me out when pouring the Squalane from my co-op. A full 16 oz bottle of Squalane "weighs" about 14 ounces so it's by VOLUME

For our purposes, “Specfic Gravity” is a measure of the density of a substance compared to the density of water at constant room ambient temperature. In simpler terms, it is the "heaviness" of a substance compared to that of water for the same volume of space. An example will make the definition clear...

Imagine a 5-gallon pail filled to the top with lead compared to a second pail of equal size filled to the top with feathers.

Both pails take up the same amount of space (i.e., they each have an equal volume) yet the pail of lead weighs much more than the feathers. Why? Because lead has a much greater density than the feathers. Thus, the lead has a greater Specific Gravity than feathers.

For those who want to calculate conversions between weight and volume, the following formula applies:

SG = m / V

where "SG" is Specific Gravity; "m is Mass (expressed in avdp. oz.); "V is Volume (expressed in fl. oz.).