Wood Wicks

I have seen a new to me candle. It has a wood wick. How in the world does this work or does it? Someone may have already posted this subject, but I didn't go through the posts to check. If someone understands how a wood wick would work I would love to know myself. Thanks......;)

Ashlie....do EVERYONE a favor...and post some pics throughout the life of your new candle. There was somewhat of a debate as to whether or not these things were "smokers".

I had only purchased the large ones, and I see that you have the smaller one. I am interested in the performance of the size you bought.

What do YOU think of the sound? Gas jet or fireplace????

Ashlie....do EVERYONE a favor...and post some pics throughout the life of your new candle. There was somewhat of a debate as to whether or not these things were "smokers".

I had only purchased the large ones, and I see that you have the smaller one. I am interested in the performance of the size you bought.

What do YOU think of the sound? Gas jet or fireplace????

Thats IF I remember to lite it once in a while LOL

As to the crackling, to ME it sounds like a fireplace.

...I also tried one of these candles. I didn't think to take pictures through the life of the burn, but was very pleasantly surprised by the burn. Mine did burn out to the edges and gave a very good scent throw. On the other hand, one of my regular customers received one of the large size as a gift and said it didn't burn out to the edges or have a good scent throw. (Of course, I was glad she felt that way about it instead of getting a good one!)

My hubby just bought me one on these for MD to try out... ($19.00 for ) I asked him.. hehe

It is the 11.5 oz Sangria (The sales person also told my husband this was SOY!!) There is no mention of the wax type on the candle... Going to do some research on it now.

1st burn last night for 3 hours. Didn't not get a FMP. Scent was very light.

The attached picutes are this morning.. 1.5 hours into second burn.

The sales person who sold it to my hubby said to be very careful with the glass. They will not return candles with craked glass??

Her statement, IMO , seems like there may have been issues with this type of jar breaking eaisly??

post-630-139458401325_thumb.jpg

Mines scented Caramel, my mother paid $18 dollars for it at our local craft store. Mine is almost gone, I wish I had a camera to show you but mine has actually burnt all the way down, not perfectly though it left a little hang up.

I also think it sounds like a fireplace when lit, wonderful cold and hot throw.

I think it's a neat idea but a phase.

Mindy :)