Ng Fo

ILVCANDLES

I don't think ng cuts their fragrances, they just have them manufactured to a certain price range. I use a few of their fos, but wish some of them were a bit stronger. I'm like you, I don't mind paying a bit more for super strong fos. Ng might not sell as much at a higher price, so they opt for the lower priced scents. Now I'm not saying they aren't any good, just the opposite. The ones I use are very strong! But I have tried & loved a few lately that I wish were a tad stronger. I think maybe places like Greenleaf; Aroma Haven, & Flickers' Fragrances are so strong, that I base my opinion on that. But for the price, ng has super fos!! I often thought, would it be tacky to try to have one of their fos duped to be stronger? I think it would be, lol, but I love their egyptian musk, & Ylang ginger, but could not get a decent throw with my wax.

Pam R

I really think it is hit or miss with any FO Supplier..

There are a lot of NG oils that I use that throw great for me.

There are also some NG oils that don't throw at all for me.

I think it all depends of your combination of wax/FO/Wick Combination.

(What works well for one, as we have all found out, does not always work well for another.)

I have tried really Expensive FO that is supposed to be "the best",

and I couldn't get it to throw for the life of me....:sad2:

I love the fact the NG has reasonable prices on their oils.

Keeps me coming back.:cool2:

PamR thanks for responding. Is there a place where you can get a FO duped to smell stronger? Thanks!

I think RA will dupe a fragrance, although I have never had one duped. I sent RA 2 samples to dupe & they 'lost' both samples. I've been a bit leary about sending any, but will never send my last bit of oil again, lol. Others have had great luck with RA.

Pam R

RA will dupe samples though I believe there's a 5# minimum. There are some suppliers that specifically carry more concentrated FOs like Candle Cocoon and Wick Your Wax. You'll pay more per pound but should be able to use a smaller % so it works out cost wise.

I agree though, with NG it's hit or miss, but the ones that are on, are really on and that combined with the great price keeps me going back!

Hi, do you think NG cuts their FO before they sell it to us. If they do, do you think they will sell it to people at a higher price before they cut it? Thanks!:)

When a supplier has a scent manufactured for them exculsively- they get choose the price range and grade of the raw materials used. It will basically set their cost to run this formulation from the manufacturer. NG chooses to keep their FO in a lower price range. Which doesn't mean their oils are not good. It is how they choose to price their products. I have bought oils that cost $12.00 a lb that throw 100x better than a $45.00 lb oil. So it will always be hit or miss with fragrance and your formulation. By scent choice and supplier.

If you want a higher concentration of an oil- you can send it to IFT and have it duped. They will then formulate the oil and give you a price. It will be a 10 lb minimum order and a $15.00 fee. If you want to buy more- this is when you save. If you do 25 lbs per scent and your order is over 200 lbs they will give you free shipping. IFT has some of the highest technology out there as far as fragrance manufacturing goes in the marketplace.