Any news on the CB Advanced?

I got this from BC HTH:)

Ecosoya CB Advanced

This new container wax boasts an extreme resistance to frosting and “wet spots”

It contracts slightly to produce a uniform beautiful appearance, requires only one pour,

has an excellent scent throw with both fragrances and essential oils, and a creamy white appearance.

Note: EcoSoya™ CB-Advanced Soy is made from pure 100% soybeans and carefully selected botanical oils.

Candles made with CB-Advanced Soy resist frosting, have a smooth top surface and an even smooth burn

pool with consistent color retention. Ships well in all climates.

They are out with a new Ecosoya CB Advanced. I have an e-mail on it at home. It is a reformulated version of the last Ecosoya CB Advanced that was just introduced at the first of the year. My guess it was reformulated due to the poor scent throw. Anyway, it is supposed to be pure soy, without the botanicals. Not sure how they are going to keep the consistency and all of the other good qualities of the other Ecosoya CB Advanced, with a pure soy. When I get home tonight, unless someone posts it before me, I will post the e-mail I received on the new and improved Ecosoya CB Advanced.

NEW & IMPROVED

EcoSoya CB-AS

Container Blend-Advanced Soy Wax

Featuring:

Greatly Enhanced Scent Throw

100% Soy (NO botanicals added)

Available for Order July 15th

Retains same familiar properties as our original CB-AS:

Wicking

Burn Pool

Melting Point (111°)

Appearance

Burn Characteristics

I got some last week and poured some testers of both the old and new versions. I haven't posted about it because I haven't had time to burn them!

So far:

Even just a slight increase in FO load really made a big difference. For example, I used to always use 6%, but by going up just to 8% really made a difference in this wax.

None of the new versions have ANY wet spots after two days, the old version did develop them.

The cold throw DOES seem better on the new version but I really want to get some other parties to give me their opinions first. (I'm really spoiled now though since I tried paraffins).

The new version and the old version both set up the same - almost perfect tops. (The higher you pour the more it seems you develop a dimple by the wick - a quick shot of a heat gun fixes that - and if you do that - its sets right back up again - perfectly). :)

Pouring at higher than 165F into unheated containers gave me wetspots by the next day.

(EDIT for spelling)

Henry please keep us posted on your results. I am still searching for something better than what I have. I have tried the ones with paraffin in them, but am not happy with the smoking I get from them, and in some cases, the throw of certain FO's. I am very curious if this behaves for the most part like the original CB with a better throw.

No problem - it may be a while for hot throw though. I know what you mean about the paraffin blends - you have to wick way down for them, but I'm going to be testing a couple other container and pillar paraffin and soy/paraffin blends (IGI's) when my sample slabs arrive. (I've basically given up on 100% soy pillars so I'm curious what the premixed paraffin/soys will do).

I poured a couple apothecary jars with the "new" Advanced Soy the other day and burned them this afternoon (I'm not long on patience :o ). I'm happy to say that the wicking appears to be about the same as the old version. I love how easy this wax is to wick and that it burns so clean. The candle I have going next to me is single wicked with a 62-52-18P, 1.1 oz. of "Angel" fragrance (which has been one of the tougher ones to wick for me) and a lovely full melt pool about 3/8" deep. I can smell it through the whole upstairs and this is after only 1 day of curing. Life is good :D