domain names

For those of you that have your own website. I want to make sure that the name of my business is availible. I already checked it and it is. But I not sure what registar to use. Any ideas or referrals that you all can give me.

I also was wondering what web hosting sites you used. I checke dout DIYstores ( they are too expensive for my buget) and I also checked out Wahmshoppers.com They are very cheap which makes me weary if im going to like the site or not.

anyone else wanna share where they host from as well would be great the more research I do the better I can make my decision.

Thanks

I registered my domain name with GoDaddy.com. I got two years for pretty cheap (records are at home, though, and I'm at work so I can't tell you the price).

I can't help you with the other questions you had. I am still in the process of developing my website, but my niece and her husband are doing it for me. (I have heard a lot of people sing praises about DIY stores, though). And I have a friend at work who is co-owner of a web hosting business, so that is who will host the site for me.

I registered the domain with godaddy ($8 a year) and got hosting ($4 a month) through them as well. You should definitely shop around for a bit, as there are many good and reasonably priced options out there. Lately I've heard quite a lot of good things (on here) about the DIY place.

Is this their sale price or their regular price? If it's their sale price, do you know if the price goes up by quite a lot after the initial period?

It is a sale price. They have it fairly often though (at least they have in the past! Don't know if they will continue. :) )

We use netfirms.com for our domain and our hosting. They have built-in tools like php forums, and oscommerce storefronts. There's a buttload of 3rd party support and tools to customize things to your liking.

I'm currently working on the look and feel of our forums, but our website was pretty much hassle free to set up and admin.