Sugar ?

lovebug7480

No it isn't necessary, but it does boost your lather quite a bit. I use 1 TBS. per lb. of oils cause I don't use coconut oil and it really does help get lots more bubbles. I dissolve it first, then add it to my lye/goat's milk solution. I know some girls that add corn syrup instead of the sugar for even better bubbles!! Try it~~:smiley2:

No it isn't necessary, but it does boost your lather quite a bit. I use 1 TBS. per lb. of oils cause I don't use coconut oil and it really does help get lots more bubbles. I dissolve it first, then add it to my lye/goat's milk solution. I know some girls that add corn syrup instead of the sugar for even better bubbles!! Try it~~:smiley2:

Does it matter if it is light or dark syrup? Do you use it at a tbsp per pound and at the water lye phase too? Does it matter what temp you add this to the water-lye phase?

And for sugar do you use white sugar or natural?

I don't use the syrup, so I can't answer that question. I use raw sugar,only cause I have it, but you can use just regular table sugar. Just make sure you melt it in a bit of water first, so it doesn't lump when you add it to your lye solution. You will see a difference in your bubbles!! :smiley2: