Post office shipping?

LynnS

I am working on a fundraiser in another state.They pay shipping so I go to the Post Office today and ask about the 70 lb shipping.I still don't get it and can someone PLEASE explain to me because the Postmaster didn't seem to know what I was talking about.Seems like a flat rate for shipping 70 lbs or is it all you can get into one box for 70 lbs.

I am confused as I thought about this way of shipping with my website(when I get it going) instead of UPS and now I just don't get it.I live about a mile from the PO so thought it MAY be better but not so sure now:rolleyes2

Oh, I'm sure that flat-rate shipping won't work for a fundraiser, lol. The FR boxes are small and not applicable for what you're doing. If you're looking at shipping the complete fundraiser order, your best bet will be either Fed-Ex or UPS.

The flat rate box costs $7.70 and you can put up to 70 lbs of stuff in it. There are two sizes - one like a shoebox, the other is flat and will work for things like t-shirts but not candles. I don't see how you could possibly put 70 lbs in the box unless you're sending lead or gold!

In your case, the most economical would be fedex ground, followed by ups ground. Post office gets very expensive for large/heavy packages.

Thank You I thought after talking to the postmaster it would have to be UPS or FedEx.I just have been reading and also hearing about PO shipping.Good for small things but really anything like candles would not be the way.So when I also get the website going it will be UPS.The trucks goes by my several times a day since I live on a state route.Saw one tonight about 9:00 P.M.Very long hours.The closest UPS store is about 20 miles.Thank again.I will get the info for this fundraiser in the mail.As my friend would say"I have to get my ducks in order".