OOOHHH my goodness!!!

I just whipped up a batch of "Bunny's Bootylicious Body Butter" and oh my!!! oh my!!! oh my!!! it's simply amazing....thru some in some jars for testers...and saved a bunch for me!!! I must say...if I can keep duplicating this - it will definitely be in my B&B line!!!!!

LOL, I tweaked it a bit and I have to say, I just love the stuff!!!!!!!

I subbed and switched a few things around....according to what I had in the cupboard and what I had a preference for....I absolutely love this stuff!!!

Girl this stuff is awesome. I don't have to get pedicures anymore. I got Ashley an electric pedicure bowl thingie for Christmas. I was using the dang thing at least once a week. Not anymore. I can do it once a month and use my butter daily. I have teenager feet now!!!!! Ashley even made a comment, lol!

I used a small (sanitized) stainless pot on the stove top on low/medium heat and just let it sit there for a while - approximately 20 minutes - while I measured and prepped other ingredients

if you do it this way it doesn't seem like such a hassle like I thought it would be......

I made this stuff today and it is some awesome stuff!!!!!! I can't wait to make a bigger batch, I only did a 20 oz to test it. :yay:

I kept asking myself why I waited so long to try this???!!! It was actually pretty easy and I liked the results soooo much better than the regular whipped butters!!!!

So glad ya'll like it! I've tweaked it a bit more since I posted the recipe.. I upped my water a tad and lowered my oils/butters. Also subbed out the glycerin for sodium lactate, and added a few more hard to pronouce things! I love it even more now!

So glad ya'll like it! I've tweaked it a bit more since I posted the recipe.. I upped my water a tad and lowered my oils/butters. Also subbed out the glycerin for sodium lactate, and added a few more hard to pronouce things! I love it even more now!

hmmmm - so what does the sodium lactate offer into this??? I actually have some of this!

I ended up nixing the cetyl alcohol and IPM because I didn't have them.....what exactly do those 2 ingredients do for the recipe......I seriously need to start researching some additives now.....thanks Bunny....another freaking addiction!:P

I had all the ingredients so I made it exactly but I want to try different oils and butters. I am not sure about playing with the emulsifiers and stuff yet since I'm still a newbie.

CF, what did you use for your liquid? Aloe, water? I used some Aloe juice x100 I bought at STarville soaps.

I used the aloe juice from wal-mart

i upped oils and butters since i had some % points to play around with 'cause my lack of ca and ipm

my butters and oils were - sweet almond, apricot kernal,macadamia nut oil, kokum, mango, shea butter

so my recipe looked like this

57% aloe

12% e-wax

4% sweet almond oil

4% apricot kernal oil

4% macadamia nut oil

4% glycerin

4% kokum butter

4% mango butter

4% shea butter

1% Dry Flo

1% Preservative

1% FO

Bunny mentioned that if you use the one from Walmart that the nasties would grow in it, have you had that trouble?

She mentioned that to me too. So I am now using the aloe powder x100 and mixing with the water.

I read that on the old forum link.......i think next time i am gonna try the aloe juice from the health store.....it's clear and unflavored and says it's distilled.....i'll make a few batches and see how that goes until i order the powder......

Ok.. the sodium lactate leaves a wonderful powdery feel on your skin.. I wouldn't make a lotion without it!

The aloe juice that comes prepared never would pass the "stick" test from snowdrift farms, much less a clinical APC or challenge test. While I didn't have visible mold, I would only use this for making a batch for myself. A small small batch.

The cetyl is a co-emuslifier, helps the e-wax make sure the concontion doesn't seperate.

The IPM gives it a glossy finish instead of a matte finish and helps it to soak in quickly.