Pissed off at the post office!!!

Let me paint you a picture...

6 boxes out in my garage in my little wagon.

2 are taped WITH THE CUSTOMS FORM FOR CANADA (both going to the same place)

4 are CLEARLY MARKED WITH A FEDEX LABEL (all going to different places)

I am out in the garage talking to the mail lady about my pregnancy and business and help her with the boxes. I tell her that I don't have any plastic to put on the boxes, and would have taped the customs forms onto the box, but wasn't sure which one to do.

She says, no problem - I will take care of it at the post office and give you receipts tomorrow.

I go on with my day and go to the store. I always keep the garage open because my Fedex driver will be coming to pick up at about 1pm.

I come home to find that there is a box still sitting there ?? It is my Canadian order - my mail lady took one of the Canadian boxes (probably the one I actually HANDED to her!!) and a FEDEX BOX!!! (of course this is not going to Canada, it is actually going to Philly - not anymore :( )

Ok, so I call today when I got up to tell them all about it, because she either just put the label on TOP of the Fedex label or ripped it off - one or the other because they have both been shipped. I have the receipts, customer has the tracking info.

Long story short, because I am still so pissed and don't want to go through it again - post master Kevin pretty much tells me that it is my fault because I have so many boxes out there she didn't know which ones to pick out. Oh, he also said that since we were talking, she may have gotten confused, but he will get back to me when he can talk to the carrier and get to the bottom of it.

So, here I am...one customer (philly) won't get her order tomorrow like I said she would because it is going to Canada. My Canadian customer (God love her - said she would help however she could) is only getting one of her boxes and another box that she won't have any use for.

So my pissiness comes....

I talk to good old boy Kevin again and ask him what to do with the RIGHT box that is still sitting here on my porch. Well, you have to pay postage on it of course and then we will come and get it.

Lovely - I am out another $40.00 because of something YOU did?

Hey Kev boy, who is going to pay the postage up in Canada when my customer sends the box to Philly for me (no doubt another $40.00 down the tubes). Oh, that is my responsibility too??

So long story short (well as short as I could get it, my fingers wouldn't stop!) - I am out $80 because my post office can't read boxes.

Now I know why businesses cut the USPS out of their lives....

Oh that is the pits. I'm sure it was an honest mistake when the mail lady picked up the wrong box, but when she saw the fedex label on it she should have left it alone instead of sending it to Canada. You do not need to be very clever to see that if a box says Philly it is not meant to be headed to Canada.

I have been having troubles with the USPS too!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: I have been trying to mail out a money order twice now. I mail it and get an empty envelope inside their damaged mail envelope. This really pisses me off. I wrap the money order in paper, put it in one of those security envelopes and everything. The USPS response is that it is not their problem, how do they know what I put in the envelope. I cussed our postmaster and told him that some USPS worker is stealing mail, that once my postal carrier took it out of my mailbox it was the responsibility of the USPS, and that it appears their customer service sucks!!! I think when I try to send it out this time I will just go to the UPS store and pay bigger bucks to make sure that it gets there. I just can't believe the crap they are not responsible for and it is always your fault it happened.

Just a little update on this situation.

OMG, I thought I was going to go down the post office with a bomb when the good ol boy called me back and told me:

#1 My packages were not on the front porch as I had stated in the pickup. My carrier didn't even have to do what she did, she could have left.

...ahem, it was raining pretty heavily that day and I told her to meet me in the garage so the boxes wouldn't get wet. Duh, they are boxes of bathbombs and if they hit the water - that's it bucko.

#2 I had too many boxes together. How was she to know which was hers and which was Fedex's?

...ahem, post office boxes had custom forms on them - Fedex boxes had big HUGE Fedex labels on them. Any grade school graduate would know that.

#3 I should have helped her carry the boxes to the car.

...ahem, the boxes are 22lbs each and I am pregnant stupid asshole (I wish I woulda said that, but I was calm and explained my situation)

Ok so this is what ended up happening after the hubbub. I got the box that was sitting at my house shipped to Canada on THEIR dime - which is the way it shoulda been anyhow, but they won't do anything about the box (Philly) that is on its way to Canada.

I am a very lucky girl to have such great customers though. I explained the whole ordeal to my Canadian customer and she offered to pay for the Philly bombs (even though she wouldn't need them) and I also got ahold of Philly. She is not upset in the least and will be sending me her custom fragrances again (this time on MY DIME - I insisted she overnight them and I will in turn overnight her package)

I guess it was a small victory for me, but I am really considering never using the post office again for International orders...or any orders for that matter. I just wish I didn't need them - you know what I mean?

***SIGHHHHHHHH***

Sorry you had to go through that like you need stress while pregnant. Do you have a DHL in your area? That are suppose to be good on price and they come to your house to pick up packages.

We've been told too that postal workers don't have to pick up anything that you leave on the porch or in your mail box. That it's out of "courtesy" that they do it....:rolleyes2

The USPS totally sucks!!!!! We've had mail carriers that throw packages on our porch from the sidewalk, kicked out mail boxes because they didn't like how they closed and have been told that if we "tip" we'll get better service and get our mail on time!!!!!

Called the post office about these matters with different carriers and was laughed at. The post office wanted to know what we thought they could actually do about it cause the carriers are union workers and there is nothing they can do. They know who these carriers are from other complaints and they just move them around as the complaints come in.

Well when my son's birthday box from the Disney store was delivered opened and things missing I called the Federal Marshall's office, filed a complaint and they took care of it. Apparently the post office got in trouble cause the Marshall's called me bitching about how stupid the people were and he was venting to me (LOL) about how the postmaster there thought he should handle things. The postmaster was warned that he was about to get in trouble for messing with an official investigation.

We have a new carrier now....LOL

#2 I had too many boxes together. How was she to know which was hers and which was Fedex's?

...ahem, post office boxes had custom forms on them - Fedex boxes had big HUGE Fedex labels on them. Any grade school graduate would know that.

It seems that on the very 1st day of their training/employment, wouldn't all postal employees be taught how to recognize their own labels/forms/packaging? And how can having too many boxes together be an excuse? Huh? Don't these folks transport millions of boxes a day? 4 boxes is peanuts compared to that.