J225 Container Wax

I noticed last night that Candles and Supplies is now selling J225 a new blend of container wax. I was wondering if anyone has tried this yet and how it works for you? I currently use J223, but it looks as if this new J225 holds more fragrance with out leakage which would help a great deal with the heavier fragrances (i.e. Sugar Cookie, Amish Harvest, Buttercream and so on). I think I may buy some to check it out. Any advice welcome!

Well yeah that's true, but isn't all the wax getting expensive because of the oil prices? I just wanted to know if anyone has tried it yet and what the quality of it is, I'll worry about the cost later.

I tried it and didn't see much difference between the J223 and the J225. I read all of the "hype" about it and couldn't wait to try it, but in the end, decided to stick with the J223.

I tried it when it first came out, and wasn't all that impressed with it. But, it's the first paraffin wax I ever tried and don't really care for it at all. It is extremely expensive for my tastes since I don't pour very many candles at one time.

It does have good scent throw, but leaves a huge dip around the wick which requires a repour to fill it in.

This is just not my kind of wax. :rolleyes2

This is a one pour wax and you shouldn't have to do re-pours.

Are you using an additive in it?

I have never had to do a repour with any of mine using this wax.

I think it is great, adheres well and great scent throw.

I have not used the 223 but have used the J50 and like it much much better than J50.

It is quite expensive but worth it IMO...

I didn't use any additives in this wax and tried different temperatures for pouring. Still came up with a big dip, but it did adhere to the container very well. Since I am not that familiar with paraffin, I might have been doing something wrong.

It had a good scent throw, but I had problems with sooting on my containers. Could have been the wicks I was using at the time; I believe I was using LX wicks then.

I prefer a soy/paraffin blend over this one. Besides, I think the cost is too expensive for what I want to pay.

Since I have some of this left over, I am trying to blend this with something else to use it up. Just need more time to work with it.

Since I have some of this left over, I am trying to blend this with something else to use it up. Just need more time to work with it.

If you have enough, you could sell it on here for people that want to try it. Offer it in 5 or 10 LB test slabs.

When they first came out with free samples I got 10LBs of the J225 and if the price was lower would be carrying it now,,I loved it,,,When I look at the 2 I like them well enough the same,,,YES it adheres to the glass well and burns great BUT so does the J223. So between the 2 I would stay with J223. JMHO,,,;)