Palm Wax

I'd like to make some pillars out of palm wax. I usually use 1343 for my pillars, so I have no idea what I'm in for. Do you think I'll need to wick up for palm wax? Does palm wax have special needs when it comes to molds? Can I use my regular aluminum molds with this wax?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I use regular seamless molds for mine, but you want to cool them slow. Stick a box on them or else put them in your oven (don't turn it on). Some people heat their molds first (slow cooling them seems to be more important).

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1109546860;start=

This was with palm3 (similar type of effect as Astorlite F). Many people here use it so maybe they will answer or else you can do a search (on the archive section).

Thanks for your response, Henryk. The link gave me a lot to think about. Guess I better get testing too! I didn't know if palm wax was at all sticky like beeswax, wondering about sticking to the molds. I'll also be getting a variety of wicks to test out this cool new wax. I can hardly wait! :)

Nola....the palm wax actually pulls away from the mold as it cools and will literally fall out of the mold when completly cool. Second pours are best done when the candle has been unmolded since the wax will drip down the inside of the mold and ruin the sides of the pillar....just an FYI. HTH :)

Yeah, there is a problem with the palm currently available. The old stuff from Astorlite in pellets is amazing...just falls out of the mold, but the new batch (granual) won't release. Honeywell sold all of Astorlite to IGI. Candlewic's Palm 2 is in the new form (granual) and does release, but it's not like the old stuff. I got an air compressor.

Make sure your supplier tells you what to expect from what they are selling you.