Need motivation...

deputy6512

I did my second home party yesterday, and I am so disappointed. Maybe I just have my expectations set to high, but at both of my parties I have only made $100. Yesterday, it didn't look like ANYONE was going to show up, and I had driven 45 minutes to this place, so needless to say I was discouraged. Finally about four people showed up, but two of the four had been to my first party. Oh well. Just needed to vent. Has anyone else experienced this with parties, or is it just my luck?:embarasse

I dont know how long you have been in the business but for me, in the beginning it was pretty slow. You have to hang in there. There are bigger and better things coming up for you. Our busy season is just around the corner and you will see how things will improve:cheesy2:

Keep your head up!

i agree with Carmen. i have not been in the business long, but i am optimitic about it. i keep my strive and drive by reminding myself that a change is yet to come. With that being said, we are going to have our peak times and our low times. Just continue to do what you do and who knows where it may take you.

As summer is winding down most people have their calendars full of events. I think the candle parties do better in the fall and winter when people spend more of their time indoors and are looking for gifts to give for the holidays. Don't give up...your busy season is ahead of you.

I would be excited for $100 sale. About 2 weeks ago I was excited about a $50 sale. I have only been selling a short time too. Just to friends and then the people that they recommend my candles to. I just had a $120.00 sale and was rejoicing. At first things were super slow but now I am having trouble keeping up. You see how the $$ amounts have been increasing. I am sure they will for you too.

Do you have any friends that have pampered schef or the adult toy parties or even Mary Kay facial parties? I would suggest going to some of those and then making mention that you do home candle parties. Explain that it is something similar to what they are doing at this party only with candles that you personally hand make. That might been an avenue that works for you. Make up some hand outs or business cards (if you don't already have them)and maybe take a sample candle for the hostess of the party that you are at. Just a sugestion.

Smile! it is all about growing!

Keep your head up! This is definetly a slow time of year.

If you want some tips or ideas for building your business check out this web site. It has a resource section that will give you info on building your home party business. It's hard when you are doing it on your own, but you have all of us hear cheering for you! :)

Brenda

http://www.homepartyplannetwork.com/

I would be excited for $100 sale. About 2 weeks ago I was excited about a $50 sale. I have only been selling a short time too. Just to friends and then the people that they recommend my candles to. I just had a $120.00 sale and was rejoicing. At first things were super slow but now I am having trouble keeping up. You see how the $$ amounts have been increasing. I am sure they will for you too.

Do you have any friends that have pampered schef or the adult toy parties or even Mary Kay facial parties? I would suggest going to some of those and then making mention that you do home candle parties. Explain that it is something similar to what they are doing at this party only with candles that you personally hand make. That might been an avenue that works for you. Make up some hand outs or business cards (if you don't already have them)and maybe take a sample candle for the hostess of the party that you are at. Just a sugestion.

Smile! it is all about growing!

I agree, I have a friend that had a jewelry party not too long ago and I took a few candles with me to her party. I sold a few and one woman is interested in having a candle party. Keep you head up!! Like everyone else has said our busy season is coming.:smiley2:

• 1 year later...

Sometimes people like to see you a couple of times to no you're genuine. I found that the second time that i held partys for people there was a much better atmosphere and people brought alot more. I also find it helps to relax guests with games Get ur face known, word of mouth will spread and you'll b fine !! Why not ask family to hold some parties and u never no there friends might want 1 too. Good luck and stick with it IT will pay off.:wink2: