Labels for B&B

Sherl

What type of labels do you like best for B&B? I got some body butter from someone and the labels smeared with use untill the ink was completely gone. I got a sample of waterproof labels from plantelabel.com and am thinking about trying those. But, I have made candles for years and use the kraft labels and kinda wanted to use them on my bath products. Can this type of label be waterproofed?? Any help or advice appreciated.

I wish I knew what DayStar did to THEIR labels, cuz you know how FO will drip down the side when pour it out? Their labels do NOT smear at all, even when I wipe the drips off quite vigorously. ????

They look to be just plain white labels, not vinyl or even shiny, just matte white labels.

Hmmmmmm

I wish I knew what DayStar did to THEIR labels, cuz you know how FO will drip down the side when pour it out? Their labels do NOT smear at all, even when I wipe the drips off quite vigorously. ????

They look to be just plain white labels, not vinyl or even shiny, just matte white labels.

Hmmmmmm

They could be using this Epsom printer I keep hearing about (can't remember # now) but it uses some high tech ink that supposedly will go through the dishwasher multiple times without ever smearing or running.

Can you call them and ask? I've never bought from them.

I've bought some vinyl cling sheets to see what happens with those, otherwise I think they'll look good on my tumbler candles.

Sami

Vinyl cling sheets?! I never heard of them-but I think I need to know more, do you have a link for them?

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.HierarchyList&node=10210908&catalogcode=WEB01

You've seen the little window clings at the holidays? These are blank sheets of that stuff. No adhesive but they static cling to glass and some plastics. You can get them at walmart or any of the office stores.

Sami

I use mostly Crystal Clear labels from www.onlinelabel and print them off with a color laser. They work wonderfully. If you are using these for a shower gel, I just double label like Brenda.

You can waterproof your labels made on regular paper with a Xyron machine. They have these at Walmart in the craft section. I'd LOVE to get the professional model one of these days.

Ok after too much damn aggravation and wasted labels, I am officially announcing defeat-the labels got the best of me:mad: . No matter what I do I just can't seem to get them centered, soooooo does anyone know of a place that will do it for you without charging an arm and a leg(although at this point I would gladly give em my arm so I dont break this stinkin puter, lol)?

Yup, this is what I'm going to do. I have a Xyron and buy the sticky/laminate cartridge. I use it to also make my glass block lights.

Another thing you can do is make your labels and print them out on a blank sheet of sticker paper get some Duck brand contact paper (sold at Walmart in the contact paper section) and cover the page with the clear contact paper. Or, you can print out on labels and then cover with contact paper. Another or, you can print out on sticker paper/labels and use the just the one sided laminate side of the Xyron cartridge.

Here are the machines I have:

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Products/Xyron_900.html

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Products/Xyron_850.html