Palm wax questions

I love this site, so happy I found it-hopefully someone can help me get started with palm wax. I am having a heck of a time even finding the wax to buy. There are alot of places to buy already made candles but I would like to get just the wax and hear from anyone who has used it or blended it with soy. Namely I am wondering about how easy it is to work with, burn time, scent throw and melt pool quality. Thanks.

Candlewic has the palm waxes http://www.candlewic.com/ I love palm wax, but why would you blend it with soy? I believe it would compromise the crystal or feather effect of palm, not really sure, have never done that. Some folks hate to work with it, but once you get your wicking down pat, I think the beauty of palm surpasses any problems associated with it. I think you'll find it a lot of fun!

Blended with soy definately messes up the crystalization of the palm, makes it look funky, at least mine did. I have to ask, why would you want to mix them? :) Palm on it's own, you pour it hot, poke holes in the top of it as it cools and keep them open. Palm is bad for hidden caverns, poking the tops and keeping them open, allows you to fill the voids after the candle is cool.

Candlewic has the palm waxes http://www.candlewic.com/ I love palm wax, but why would you blend it with soy? I believe it would compromise the crystal or feather effect of palm, not really sure, have never done that. Some folks hate to work with it, but once you get your wicking down pat, I think the beauty of palm surpasses any problems associated with it. I think you'll find it a lot of fun!

Blending palm with another wax will completely change the look. It can be a pita to work with but it's my favorite pillar wax.