question for paypal shopping cart users

angied

For those of you that use paypal for your shopping cart on your websites, can you do the shipping by actual cost? I have read it and by my understanding its only a fixed rate or a percentage....and if I cant do it by actual which one do you all like best....and is the simplest?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Angie

What we do is state that we will invoice for actual shipping costs and that we will send an invoice for the shipping after we calculate it. So the customer pays for their order, we receive the order and package/weigh it, then send them a request for funds through PayPal for the shipping. Never had any complaints yet. I thought it was kind of cumbersome, but so far it's working...it's the only way we could set it up without estimating, etc...(Well, I didn't set it up, the gal who did our website did!;) ) Did that make sense???

Unfortunately, yes, but we do include handling charges to cover pkging, etc. The amount charged depends on the shipping amount. Most of our biz is wholesale, so the retail payments received through PayPal is VERY small... That's how it's set up for now! Any other ideas would be appreciated!:)