Hemp Wicks

Thanks for the responses. I was just wondering if there was something wrong with using them because no one talks about it! I changed to a new wax and the htp's that I had, were not doing well and I happened to have some hemp wicks on hand and tried them. They seem to do very well.

I use them, in almost all my jars except for 1. And boy do they mushroom, I got a great melt pool and hot throw though.

My customers and family don't mind the mushrooming at all, all they care about is if the candle smells good.

Mindy :)

Candlewick also has hemp wicks... They have 5 to chose from.

http://candlewic.com/candle-wicks/default.asp

Then click on custom wicks and you choose what you need.

I used a 1200-1400 for my 8oz JJ (Depending on FO)

60048 for my larger jar - (3 inches across) HTH

Prices are great there too!! I just checked...

I used to pay close to $70 for 1000 and they have them there for $46!!! WOW..:cheesy2: :cheesy2:

(with those prices, I may try them again myself):cool2:

What I really liked about the hemp was that they burned straight up and did not bend to one side. Which really created a even melt pool on your first few burns. You don't have to worry about one side of your jar catching up...

Haven't checked how they burn in relation to cotton wicks. They do have some nice characteristics when I was testing with them, although I don't presently use them (only 6 sizes, if I remember correctly).

Here's a link for where they're made. Min. order for pre-wax, cut, and tabbed is listed at 5000 pcs.

wickstore.com

HTH!