Body Souffle

nanchris

Hi bath & bodiers, I don't do B&B, but would love to try some Gingerbread Man Body Souffle by Philosophy, (type of thing) How hard would something like that be to make? Would that be a first time project? Does anyone here make it? Where would one start? Sorry so many questions. Also does anyone make hemp lip balm? Maybe I could just buy these products from someone here. Any info would be great. TIA

Nanchris

I'm not familiar with their products. Is the souffle a lotion or a scrub?
It's like a jar of lotion. It comes in different scents, I think I'd like the gingerbread flavor. I suppose it would be like a whipped body butter.

I think the souffle is an emulsified body butter, and a whipped shea-based butter isn't going to be like what you're looking for. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying it as a newbie. When I tackled lotion, I had been making other B&B items for over a year, and it took me about a month to get a product that was an actual lotion that didn't separate, LOL! So, if you're willing to try and fail and try and fail and then finally succeed, go for it! I don't know the texture of the product, but you can certainly try something like:

70% water

15% butters

10% oils

5% ewax(or up to 10%, depending on the formulation)

3% beeswax (or use soy wax if you prefer)

1% OR proper amount of preservative (usually .5-1%)

1% fragrance

Then you can whip the heck out of it as it cools, and see what you get! If you'd like more detailed instructions, there are some older posts with pretty good information.

So does the ingredients list have water? If so, I agree with Danie. Her recipe looks good and similar to something I make, except that instead of beeswax I use a bit of stearic acid for texture/thickness in my lotions. With lots of butters, though, it probably won't need much thickening so the stearic could probably easily be omitted. With Danie's recipe it will probably turn out to be a thick cream rather than a thin, watery lotion.

Thanks for all the info!!! Another crazy question tho, where does one go about purchasing all those ingredients? I haven't got a clue where to start. While it all looks intriguing, maybe I'm not really ready to jump right in...lol. :rolleyes2 Must do more research first. Thanks Again

NanChris

You might try PMing Soap in the City or Lindsay as they are both in Canada and they be of help finding a supplier closer to you.

Or just google for Canadian suppliers of B&B ingredients. ;)

As for adding ewax and beeswax. The ewax is an emulsifier to aid in bringing water and oils together and adding the beeswax (or stearic) would be just to give it some added hardness.

HTH

The ingredients includes water, shea butter,squalane,beeswax,silica, mica and extras. I used to work for the fullfilment house that shipped out and did customer service for this company. The gingerbread is a very potent smell, once they were unpacking kits and our whole warehouse smelt of gingerbread and the bottles were never opened. I have samples of their pure grace, baby grace, and amazing grace perfume and I love how they smell. Let us know how it turns out if you make the recipe.

Thanks for all the info!!! Another crazy question tho, where does one go about purchasing all those ingredients? I haven't got a clue where to start. While it all looks intriguing, maybe I'm not really ready to jump right in...lol. :rolleyes2 Must do more research first. Thanks Again

NanChris

lotioncrafters.com or kangarooblue.com have lots of ingredients. Also the-sage.com and brambleberry.com