Raspberry Guava (SFS) & Med. Fig (Peak) throw?

Jordan

Hey,

I have been using A Scent Shops RG, and Peaks Med. Fig.......never had an issue with the throw on either, now all of a sudden I had a couple customers tell me these were not throwing well.....anyone having issues with either of these? Any suggestions on an alternative to either? I thought both seemed lighter when I poured them last, but I was getting over a killer headcold, so my nose was off. But now I know it was not just me. Figures, I just ordered a few pounds of both....lol

The customer who wasn't getting sufficient throw - did she light her candle in a large room? To me Peak's Med Fig (haven't used Raspberry Guava) is very heavy and strong and I wouldn't describe it as a lighter scent. So the only thing I can think of is the way the customer was using it.

Raspberry Guava is not an "in your face" scent, IMO. It's more delicate. However, since nothing else has changed, I would suggest maybe the climate might be a factor. I have had customers say their candles don't seem to be throwing as well in the early spring, when their homes are cooler because they aren't running the heater anymore. I'd ask your customers if the temperatures in the burning environments of these candles have suddenly changed. Or if they've opened up the house instead of having it closed with recirculating heat/ac on?

Edited to fix a boo-boo!

Thanks guys--

I am not sure what the deal is, but after getting two reports from different customers, I am thinking these two are just not cutting the mustard....... Oh well, tha't life! lol

Oh--these were poured at 9%, apothecary with 2 LX12 wicks, 50/50 wax. Haven't made too many for several months, but after this issue, I know i am going to need to figure this out quick.

Hi Jordan,

I was just passing through and saw your post. :) I know our Raspberry Guava is one of those that is a borderline wicker upper so maybe that could be why the throw isn't the best? I didn't need to wick up on that one because I wick pretty hot to begin with but I know some of my customers need to with that one. :)

P.S. Our formula hasn't changed so the oil should be exactly the same as when you previously ordered it. :)

Thanks Leah,

Yeah, I think it could just be one customer is having issues with fruit scents. I just repoured these again and feel the throw is fine for the Med. fig. The Raspberry Guava seems fine too, just not really strong. Maybe they just dont like this one? I don't know. Wicking and everything is good, too. I don't know why some people just can't smell certain scents, but that has got to be the case, here.