Can You Smell It? / Cut Pics Added

Ahhh.... Spring!

I found an interesting item at Walmart today and thought I'd try to soap in it. It's a very large drawer divider in the office supply section. Each section holds about 3lbs. Hopefully, I'll be able to get these suckers out of here later. I did grease it though, just in case.

officemold.jpg

On the right side is BNL Gingered Lime, in my usual base recipe with some Kaolin clay added for s***s and grins. I poured at a thick trace to get some texture going on. I attempted a multi layer in the mold swirl. I'm curious to see how it turns out.

On the left side is NG Mardi Gras with a purple swirl... I hope. Right now it looks kinda like it's not gonna happen, but Select Shades have a way about messing with your head like that. This recipe is a high butter (shea/mango) recipe that I'm really liking, almost over my base recipe. Soapmaker has this particular recipe in the following range: Hardness: 6.2, Stable Later: 6.2, Fluffy Later: 5.1, Moisturizing: 5.9. Kaolin clay added for fun. This is a fast tracing recipe, so no playing here. Swirled in the pot.

mardigras.jpg

Ah... the exclusive Monoi de Tahiti soap. (GAG)

Scented Starville's High Maintainance (that someone very sweet sent me as a gift) and swirled in the mold with hot pink and pink cosmetic grade glitter mixed in with the colored portion.

monoi.jpg

I'll do the usual and post cut photos in about 12-14 hours. Everyone cross their fingers that the top two come out of the mold.

**CUT**

The soap came out of the "mold" this morning like butta... I sent hubby back to get a few more of them this morning. Okay, more than a few. Love 'em. Hell, I love anything I don't have to line. And for under $5 each, ya can't go wrong. I got 12, 1" bars from this with a small slice to spare. Not too bad.

mardigrascut.jpg

High Maintainance/Monoi de Tahiti bar:

highmaintcut.jpg

Dunno what the heck happened to the hot pink... but it smells awesome so I don't care. :)

You kill me with these "in the mold" pics, Grumpy! I always come in these threads hoping to see more of your lovely soaps, then I only get to see the tops. :( So then I have to anxiously wait (a whole day or two *gasp*), and sit on my hands and all the while I'm just dying to see the cut pics. :P

*lol* Seriously though, they look very nice. I love the lime coloring you got going on there... and now I want to see them cut, as usual.

On a side note, you influenced me to get some Select Shades. :D I got them in today, and plan to use them at the soonest opportunity.

You always have such interesting posts! :cheesy2: I've got my fingers crossed that your two soaps pop right out of your latest "mold" find. The scents sound wonderful....and I love the pink you've got happening in the monoi soap!

Looking forward to your cut pictures!:yay:

Why is it I don't go to Wally World anymore to get normal stuff? I keep buying all this kitchen stuff and not cooking with it, so now I'll be buying office type stuff & not putting it in the office lol :)

Those are FAB-O girl :) No mold lining sounds major good to me. High Maintainance sounds like a tailor-made FO.... :pWhat did you grease that bad boy with?

I greased it with a little of the walmart brand cooking spray. It fell right out... pretty as ya please.

I'm looking at the 4 smaller sections on the side of this thing and thinking those would be good to test small batches of soap in... I'm gonna see how much each will hold later. I'm thinking that they should hold about a pound or a little less, which would be PERFECT for testing those little 1oz samples I've got a zillion of and haven't tested in soap yet.

You kill me with these "in the mold" pics, Grumpy! I always come in these threads hoping to see more of your lovely soaps, then I only get to see the tops. :( So then I have to anxiously wait (a whole day or two *gasp*), and sit on my hands and all the while I'm just dying to see the cut pics. :P .

She does that so she won't have to wait alone