Nature's Garden Sinus Relief FO

Maybe they could make a wasabe FO. That would really clean out your sinuses! Color it green. LOL

BTW if the Sinus Relief FO smells like Vicks, why not just add Vicks to soy wax? I think I will try that. I seem to remember Alan experimenting with sticking wicks in various substances to see if it will burn or not.

geek

Hmmm geek.. I'm not sure it would be all that safe. Here's my reasoning. Chemically - straight out of the bottle vicks is safe to inhale. Now, we both know things are chemically altered when they burn, and it might turn into something that may smell good, but also may be unsafe. And the cost might do ya in too as compared to the 13 bucks for the fo. Whatcha think?

And simply soy - customers say yes it works for sinuses!

Hmmm geek.. I'm not sure it would be all that safe. Here's my reasoning. Chemically - straight out of the bottle vicks is safe to inhale. Now, we both know things are chemically altered when they burn, and it might turn into something that may smell good, but also may be unsafe. And the cost might do ya in too as compared to the 13 bucks for the fo. Whatcha think?

And simply soy - customers say yes it works for sinuses!

You're probably correct, darnit ;)

geek

Vicks candle has been done a few times here is some links to the old board.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1095247744;start=14#14

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1100670458;start=0

Here is the one of recipes I found

per 1 pound of wax....

1T Vicks Vapor rub

1oz eucaluytus FO

1/2oz peppermint FO

Hm, I read on Bittercreek's message board the debate on the safety

of adding Vick's to candles. One woman said she was a witness

to the candle catching on fire.

Right on the Vicks label it says: Warning: Do not heat. Never expose to flame, microwave or any container in which you are heating water.

Lawsuit is not a lovely word.

Lynn