Question about recycling jars

I have a bunch of jars that I want to reuse. They are about 1/3 full of wax. These are candles that have bombed (mostly because of wicks that didn't work well with my wax). What is the best way to melt the wax down and reuse the jar for a new candle? I'm worried about using the microwave - just doesn't seem safe. Some are zinc wicks so can't go in the microwave anyway.

I'm using a 50/50 parasoy blend.

Thanks,

Sab

I melt them in my oven too, want to point out though that you need to check these jars out completely after you clean them for any cracks or possible weakness in the glass...and be mindful of when they are refilled and burning next. sometimes the stress of reuse can cause glass to crack or explode

My oven never retains an FO smell. I warm my candles in the oven on 175 or so until they are melted. Then (while wearing gardening gloves) wipe out with a papertowel. I would not use a microwave because you cannot tell how hot the wax is getting and it just seems dangerous.

I also use the oven to clean jars and my untenstils and pouring pots. Just put them on a cookie sheet and your in business. I also remember their being a post about reusing jars. Nobody beleived it was a good idea, but if your only using them to retest I would just keep a watchful eye when your testing.:smiley2:

I bought a whole bunch of warmers at walmart for $1.50 a piece. Thats lower than the manufacturer sells them for. I guess they were pushing them so I bought them out. I put them all over the house and melt the left over jars on them and make the house smell nice. I know some won't agree but my sister melts out the remainder wax and then sticks them on the top rack of her dishwasher. Its not different than sticking a libby's drinking glass in it if you really think about it. I reuse mine for testing only.