Newbie Here

Good afternoon all. I just found this site this morning and wanted to say hi to all.

I have been making candles for about 6 years now and would like to get information on soy. I did soy wax once and had a bad experiance with it and left it at that. With all the new products on the market I thought I would look into it again..

So I hope you all don't mind me asking lots of questions about the Soy. Someone just told me I should post here in the veggie section... So here I am

Thanks

Hi and Welcome, :cheesy2:

I am new here too. :) I just found the board and I have eyestrain from reading through so many topics in the various forums. ;) There is a ton of info here. I LOVE this board and I am sure you will love it. :) I make soy candles too. Soy is quirky but if you stick with it and test the heck out of it, you can make some really awesome candles. :)

Have fun!

Welcome!! If you're interested in soy wax, I think you can definitely find some good info on here. I have been making candles for quite a while and recently started testing some soy waxes and like the results. If there are any particular waxes you are thinking of trying, do a search on here and you're sure to find some good info. :)

Hi Huckleberry and welcome to candletech! Feel free to ask all the questions you want. You'll find a lot of information about soy on this board. You can also use the "search" feature to see if there's info on here that you're looking for.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Guess I should start off with asking what is a good soy wax to try, and do I need some additives for it ?

I see some of you get wicks from Joe and that is where I have got mine for several years now. Joe is a great person to work with.

Are there special wicks to use in soy?

This will get me started...

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Guess I should start off with asking what is a good soy wax to try, and do I need some additives for it ?

I see some of you get wicks from Joe and that is where I have got mine for several years now. Joe is a great person to work with.

Are there special wicks to use in soy?

This will get me started...

There are many good soy waxes out there, that will each perform differently. I would tell you that if it were me, I would order samples from 2 or 3 supplies to try. Run each of them through their paces, see what works best for you. That will give you an idea of what you are looking for in a wax. Preferably something close to you, so you can keep your shipping costs down. I personally use the 415 wax with a little beeswax and that does well for me. Everyone has "their" wax that works best for them. So try a couple out and ask lots of questions if you need to. :)