Rubber plugs and screws

Hi all, I have collected a lot of rubber plugs and screws buying metal molds.

But I don't use them, I tried but it seems a hole could remain in the top of the candle where the plug (or screw) enters the mold.

Hope that makes sense lol, do any of you use them?

I use screws but only to hold the wick in place then put tape over it. I only do this for the chunk candles. For regular pillars I use the washer, foam pad and knot method. I am also liking wick rods. I love the rubber plugs to fill the hole in a mold so I can use it for a hurricane. It really works. Donita

Hi Donita, but don't you find a little hole when you use the screws?

Oh I guess I have to try and see myself!

I use screws but only to hold the wick in place then put tape over it. I only do this for the chunk candles. For regular pillars I use the washer, foam pad and knot method. I am also liking wick rods. I love the rubber plugs to fill the hole in a mold so I can use it for a hurricane. It really works. Donita

Sabrina...JulieKay told me how to do it. So I invented my own way. I use a little piece of foam tape and cut it into a little square....poke a hole with a large needle. Then I use my metal wick tabs. I then thread the foam onto the prewaxed wick, then put on the wick tab with the flat side out.....tie a slip knot...thread it into the mold and wrap the wick around a metal bar/wick holder.....if you pull it tightly, it won't leak. It only takes me about 30 seconds to do it. Didn't cost me any money to do it. For the wick rod way....I just put metal tape (aluminum) on the bottom of my molds. A few pieces. Then put in a wick rod and let it sit in the drilled hole of the mold. I keep my rods in place with lampshade rings (I used to make shades so I have a bunch of them around) but you can use large spring clothespins or drill a hole in a tongue depressor or just be cleaver.....pour in your wax....then when you unmold the candle you just push in a pre waxed piece of wick....then level it. That way is the fastest way I know of for wicking a candle. When I use the screw for my chunks (I can wick that way in 30 seconds too)....I put the screw just in the hole....not through the hole so it doesn't show on the candle....it is just to hold the wick in place. Everyone finds the way that works best for them....I have other ways too but no need to go there....lol.....I am going to pm you too. Have a nice day today little sister..... Donita

Donita,

you have the gift to make seem all so simple!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

thanks!

Sabrina...JulieKay told me how to do it. So I invented my own way. I use a little piece of foam tape and cut it into a little square....poke a hole with a large needle. Then I use my metal wick tabs. I then thread the foam onto the prewaxed wick, then put on the wick tab with the flat side out.....tie a slip knot...thread it into the mold and wrap the wick around a metal bar/wick holder.....if you pull it tightly, it won't leak. It only takes me about 30 seconds to do it. Didn't cost me any money to do it. For the wick rod way....I just put metal tape (aluminum) on the bottom of my molds. A few pieces. Then put in a wick rod and let it sit in the drilled hole of the mold. I keep my rods in place with lampshade rings (I used to make shades so I have a bunch of them around) but you can use large spring clothespins or drill a hole in a tongue depressor or just be cleaver.....pour in your wax....then when you unmold the candle you just push in a pre waxed piece of wick....then level it. That way is the fastest way I know of for wicking a candle. When I use the screw for my chunks (I can wick that way in 30 seconds too)....I put the screw just in the hole....not through the hole so it doesn't show on the candle....it is just to hold the wick in place. Everyone finds the way that works best for them....I have other ways too but no need to go there....lol.....I am going to pm you too. Have a nice day today little sister..... Donita