Cleaning up soap?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I made a different mold and made a few batches of soap that have been drying for a bit, but I put plastic wrap over the top to avoid ash. Well, it left plastic marks on the tops. How would I clean that up? I don't have one of those fancy bevelers. I have the little shaver, but that's for the edges. Any suggestions?

I have a very low-tech method of shaving soap. I have a paint scraper (purchased new) and I made "rails" that are the right size for my soap and I just put the soap between the rails and slide the paint scraper along the rails. It helps me avoid wavy bars.

Guest EMercier
You can "wash" the soap under water, that should take care of it! I usually use a scrubbie (like a bath poof) that is gentle yet it takes off things I don't want on there and helps smooth the edges

OK, if I wash it, doesn't it make bubbles? Then I have to put it back on the drying rack right?

How exactly do you polish w/ them, in a circular motion? :embarasse Someone had to come along and ask right.

I polish mine by spraying with alcohol and rubbing with a soft cloth. You can also use water. I don't have a particular rubbing motion. I then pop them back on the rack for another day when done. It's totally worth it. They look much better.

Guest EMercier

I washed them and they came out great, so thanks for the tip! Couldn't find any pantyhose. I guess if I wore them I'd have some huh?