What are the hottest burning wicks?

Hotter wicks can be used for many reasons. I personally use them on my harder wax applications like Beeswax and Pillars. Downsides to really hot wicks, are getting the wicking just right, hot containers that crack, and smoking.

I *think* and I cannot remember exactly, but I believe the Cotton wicks are the hottest. Someone might correct me if I am wrong.

Quoted directly from the Atkins & Pearce site:

Cotton and Paper Core Wicks

A cotton outer braid surrounds an inner filament of cotton or paper. Both wicks are commonly used in votives, pillars and containers and are constructed with 100% natural fibers.

The cotton core wick produces the hottest flame of all cored wick which helps control carbon buildup. The paper core wick produces a cooler flame than the cotton core but offers more rigidity.

Zinc Core Wicks

This wick has a cotton outer braid surrounding a thin filament of zinc. Zinc core wick produces the coolest flame and offers the most rigidity of all cored wick, providing support during pouring and burning.

Concern over trace elements of lead has resulted in the Consumer Product Safety Commission defining a lead cored wick to be one containing greater than .06% lead by weight in the metal. Zinc wire has a maximum level of lead impurities of .004%, well below the standard.