What is the easiest product to make, when starting out??

mindy5140

First off, you guys are sooo creative. Is there such a thing as an easy body scrub or bath bomb?? Not to long ago we had a two birds swap, and since then I have become infatuated with body scrubs and bath bombs. I can't stop using them, especially the body scrubs. It was so neat to see the difference between everybodys.

One, was really nice, it was a nice scrub that when you washed it off it felt like you had lotion on. I love it. The other ones were really nice to.

I could go on and on about the products but I was amazed at all of them.

And I also have been catching myself lately checking out the B&B Gallery. I just think it's so cool the different products you guys come up with.

What did you all start out with?? Soap, bath bombs, scrubs, etc.....

Mindy :smiley2:

IMO it really depends on what you want to make and how much you really want to put into it time and money wise. I tend to do lots of reading and then just jump in head first. I started with CP soap and found it to be fairly easy. Since then, I have gradually expanded into whatever seems to interest me at that time and what supplies I can afford to buy for testing.Whatever you decide to do just know you will have a whole other addiction. Good luck and have fun. :)

Merideth. I just had to say I love your pic. looks like my little dogs face. Also I love your quote. If everyone would live by that we would all be happier. I told my husband that after we went to Target to buy last minute things for the grandkids for easter. He was getting a little road rage with the shopping cart. Came home turned on the comp. Read your quote. We both laughed. He finally realized what I have been telling him for years.

I started with CP soap. Not the simplest thing but if you do your homework first and are aware of all the safety precautions you will be okay. In your case you should start with what interests you the most i.e. body scrubs. Every product will have its tricky parts and so there isn't really one which is easiest.

Thanks guys, I knew you would come through. I thought I would first try MP first since that seems the easiest. But like candles, you have to test test test so I am so up for a challenge.

I have been looking around at all the info and am trying to consume it all, like I did when I first started making candles.

Money wise, lol. I wish I could spend as much as I did when I started making candles. I have noticed that there are recipes for ingredients you can get at your local grocery store, I think that might be my best bet for right now.

See what you guys did to me, I don't want to shop at my stores anymore for manufacter made items, I want home made/hand crafted ones now. lol.

Thanks again,

Mindy :)

Guest EMercier

I started with Lotion (from a base) and M & P. I changed a lot of that once I started to read off here in the B & B section. I have testers in my circle of family and friends as well as myself for my CP soap, which I thought would be hard, but I can whip up a batch in no time and it comes out right. Also, I could not get scrubs right, so I'm hanging that up for right now. I bought a sugar scrub base to play with and it's been working. It's the same consistency I'm looking for. The bath salts are easy. I also like the lotion bars. They feel good on my skin and they are very easy to make.

What can be considered easy by one person may not be so easy to the next. I found bath bombs to be extremely easy to make and yet most will tell you that they are a PITA. That is why I say start off with what interests you and go from there. :wink2:

See what you guys did to me, I don't want to shop at my stores anymore for manufacter made items, I want home made/hand crafted ones now. lol.

Thanks again,

Mindy :)

Yup, either make it yourself, or support your favorite handcrafter. That's my motto anyway. LOL