Now the waiting begins...

Mitch23

I just got finished with my first colored batch, and I'm hoping it comes out ok. I'm really worried about one spot. I have no idea how I did that.

At least I get to go color easter eggs to keep me busy from peeking in on it!

What do yall think? Look ok for a first?

Mitch

post-1660-139458398605_thumb.jpg

Well, it turned out nothing like I had hoped it would. :cry2: Hubs keeps asking if it'll still be safe to use, to which I can only say 'Dunno!'. I'm not going to give up on coloring, just try to find something better.

Now for the questions of the day... What happened and why? What do I have to change or do next time? In this batch I used chromium oxide green and Rustic Gold Metallic Pearl Mica both from Coastal Scents. Could it be that their micas aren't cp safe? Or is this just what all micas do?

I'm thinking if somehow I could maybe take the top layer off it'd look lots better, because I can still see some of the darker gold in there...

Ahhh, well, at least I finally gave something back even though it IS a 'Don't Do This...' hehee

Mitch

post-1660-139458398688_thumb.jpg

looks like ash. no biggie. is it safe to use, do a zap test if you don't get a jolt then yes it is safe you use. for the ash you can spritz it with alcohol or just rinse it and and let it dry. It will look much better once you clean it up a bit. Don't give up. I get ash sometimes also, don't sweat it.