Candle lighters

mizbizzyb

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get these?

I have seen these once upon a time and did not bookmark them.

They look like matches (if I remember correctly). Or what do you offer you customers for jars that are hard to light once they get about halfway down?

Thanks for any and all suggestions....

Stinger Butt

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get these?

I have seen these once upon a time and did not bookmark them.

They look like matches (if I remember correctly). Or what do you offer you customers for jars that are hard to light once they get about halfway down?

Thanks for any and all suggestions....

Stinger Butt

I found an 8" lighter at a 99 Cent Store while on vacation in Arizona - shaped and colored like a match - and thought they would be a great hit to sell with our candles. I bought two dozen and had them mailed back to New York. We sold them for $2.00-$3.00 each and people loved them. When I went replenish my stock, that store had none so I started looking around. They were selling them on Ebay for $8.00 and UP!!! I looked for awhile, got disgusted with the whole thing and gave up.

Good Luck....and if I find them again (which now I have to start looking because you reminded how much I liked them!!! LOL), I will let you know.

Hey I think they have those at the dollar store here want me to look for you ??

I found an 8" lighter at a 99 Cent Store while on vacation in Arizona - shaped and colored like a match - and thought they would be a great hit to sell with our candles. I bought two dozen and had them mailed back to New York. We sold them for $2.00-$3.00 each and people loved them. When I went replenish my stock, that store had none so I started looking around. They were selling them on Ebay for $8.00 and UP!!! I looked for awhile, got disgusted with the whole thing and gave up.

Good Luck....and if I find them again (which now I have to start looking because you reminded how much I liked them!!! LOL), I will let you know.

Hey I think they have those at the dollar store here want me to look for you ??

OMG - you're not teasing me, are you?!?!?!? :eek:

I would do ALMOST anything to find those darn lighters again!!! LOL

I would really, really appreciate it if you would check that out for me.

(Hey, I just noticed you are from Flagstaff...my nephew is in college at Flagstaff and my sisters and father live in Phoenix!! Hard to believe they were all born in NY - traitors!! They love Arizona!)

They have those big "matches" at my Walgreens, I know for a fact, cuz my five year old always laughs at the "big matches" every time we go in there. (about 4 times a week). :D

But, I know they are probably more than a dollar. ;)

Those lighters were recalled for not having child safety mechanisms on them. Not sure if they fixed that problem or not, but those are kind of neat. Would go well with candles.

I can't tell if you guys are talking about lighters or the sticks you attach to a match to light with. If it's the latter, I make my own, using heavy gauge craft wire. You just put the end of the match between two loops of wire and then strike it, and you can reach the bottom of the jar. I wish I had a picture but my sister and her crew cleaned me out. I also make matching wick dippers so they can be sold as a set.

Sami

hey I haven't gone and looked at the dollar store yet but I found a couple wholesalers

http://www.acandleco.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/8900

I found another wholesale place and asked them for prices so hopefully they reply because I lost it :(

-Marj

Thanks, Marj. I checked out the site above, but there is a $250 minimum for ordering. If you happen to see them at the dollar store, let me know. We won't be doing shows anytime soon (back to testing some things before we try to sell), so I don't know why I think I NEED them right now! Just got excited when you said you saw them...:tongue2:

I can't tell if you guys are talking about lighters or the sticks you attach to a match to light with. If it's the latter, I make my own, using heavy gauge craft wire. You just put the end of the match between two loops of wire and then strike it, and you can reach the bottom of the jar. I wish I had a picture but my sister and her crew cleaned me out. I also make matching wick dippers so they can be sold as a set.

Sami

I was referring to the butane lighters that are shaped like a match. :)

I found some at a wholesale store a while back and I think they were about $.50 a piece. They were the ones with a trigger and a big long metal barrel. I didn't buy any, because I had already bought them somehwhere else for $1 a piece!

Would something like that work, or do you only want the giant match lighter?

I would also be in.

I just use the long lighters made by Scripto, I get them at Wal-Mart. They also have a candle lighter, that bends in half, but I didn't find that necessary, and they cost a little bit more than just the regular lighters.

Guest EMercier

I always get mine at the Dollar Tree and they always seem to have a good amount there. I have one in about three different rooms to light my candles.

Any news on this?

I went to the Dollar Tree here in Omaha. After touring the store after 2 laps, I finally found an available employee. When I asked her about these, she acted like I was talking in another language. Swears she doesn't know what the heck I was talking about.