Premier 700 series wicks from Wick It

I just got a mondo selection of sample wicks from Wick It! :yay:

Anybody have opinions or thoughts on them? Good, bad, ugly? I'm test burning a single 777 in a 3 1/2" wide keepsake jar right now with 415/BW and Peaks Hyacinth at 7%. Then will try them in my Melting Pot jars, seems I've been having trouble with HTPs drowning out, then when I try going one size up, I get a full 1 inch MP within two hours. If my hair wasn't so short I'd be pulling it out by now.

geek

Well, so far so good! The 777 I could only burn for two hours before I crashed for the night. It had a little tiny knob of a mushroom and it tunneled with a 1/4" shell. One thing I noticed is that for a flat braid wick, it doesn't bend as much as HTPs or CDs or LXs. Trimmed the mini-mushroom off and had a nice 1/4" wick stub left.

Then this morning I burned for four hours, and it looks like it was eroding the hangup/shell slowly but surely. There was a larger mushroom but it wasn't huge. What is encouraging is that there are six or seven more sizes above the 777 so I surely can single wick the keepsakes and maybe the melting pots, or at least have an easier time fine-tuning the double wicking.

geek

Grumpy Girl,

I requested my samples on the second of February, and got a conformation e-mail saying that they would be sending them, but never recieved them. So, last week I gave them a call and told them I'd requested samples but had never recieved them and requested them again. I just recieved them the other day. Try calling them and asking them for the samples.:)

Dang, I just requested them last week, but I didn't get a confirmation email. I am not sure if I should email them again or just wait and see. I am sure they are overwhelmed, but would like to give these a shot. Grumpy, let me know what you think about this babies!

The 700 series rocks! I have totally switched to this series because I have been able to single wick all of my containers. The size ranges are great!

That's what I'm hoping for, single wicks in my 12.5 oz. status jars. The wicks I'm using now almost get it, but they don't clean up the hangup even on the 5th or 6th burn. I hate to double wick.

For those waiting, I requested my sample Feb 13. Well 2 months and a couple of emails later, I finally received them yesterday. A price list and suggestion chart came with ALOT of samples. Very resonable prices so I also hope to be able to switch to just these wicks. But I am concerned with the length of time it took for them to ship these out. I realize that these were free, but IMO it's also my first interaction with this company, and I'm now leary of the customer service. If I had paid for these, I'd be hoping mad and probably wouldn't order again.

The guy I spoke with on the phone today assured me that the late samples were due to them changing their method of shipping samples from UPS to USPS priority, and the time of making up new sample packs for the requests they were being bombarded with... I hope they do put paying customers first.

That's what I'm hoping for, single wicks in my 12.5 oz. status jars. The wicks I'm using now almost get it, but they don't clean up the hangup even on the 5th or 6th burn. I hate to double wick.
I double wick these jars with 2 725's. Great burn.

Dixie

If it's a great burn, I'd be okay with double wicking. Where are you getting your status jars?

I just got the click and ship notification from wick it... hopefully I can try them next week.

I get my jars from the Jar Store and I use 70/30 wax if that helps you. I just use the 2 725's for the 12 oz metro and 1 725 for the 8 oz metro. This does not work for all FO's but for most of them.

Dixie