FINALLY-I tried out some of the M&P I bought....

Michi

the other night my daughter and I made little duckies and fishies out of some goat's milk M&P I have. They came out sooo cute, but were kind of hard to get out of the molds. :P

Today, I took some clear M&P and put irridescent glitter in it, and embedded a ducky in it, and it's sooooo cute. :D

I've had all these soap supplies for like two months and have never gotten around to trying them out-now, I don't know what I was waiting for??!!

It's sooo fun, and much easier than candlemaking (no dang wicking problems! LOL) that's for sure.

It DID take me a while to find a "mold" that would work for what I was trying to do with the embedded ducky-ended up using a 1/2 cup plastic measuring cup. ;)

Anyway, now I'm hooked and can't wait for my youngest to start school on Monday so I can have the whole mornings to myself to play with my supplies. LOL

I found that an awesome way to mold the ducks, where it looks like they are in the water, is the recipe I found off of wholesalesupply. I used it, and molded them in muffin pans, regular sized, and they turned out super cute. My boys LOVE them.

Michi, I just made these too last week :grin2: and am hooked as well. I used the "recipe" or more like instructions from WSP's website. They used a mold that looks like a tub or pond for the duck, which is in the shape of a cupcake tin. After printing out these instructions 4 months ago and ordering all the supplies (got rubber sea animals 6 smalls ones from the Dollar Store) then a month later I came across the PERFECT mold. Walmart was clearancing the silicone molds that were advertised on TV (so the box said) that contained a red cupcake mold, bunt mold, spatula, and 2 pot holders for $ 5. They popped right out of the mold without even going in to the freezer. I've been meaning to post the pics but life has been so busy-kids started back to school this past week. Just bought some more embeds at the Dollar Store this week- 2 frogs and a duck (really wanted the duck so I could make the bubbles around it). I want to do the goldfish in the bag as well -I have all those supplies too that have been sitting around for just as long! Alittle more intimidated w/ this project as the instructions give tips on how to get the fish to stay upright and not look dead :rolleyes2.

The goldfish in a bag are really cute and sell great for me. To keep the fish from turning upside down, I put a very small wire through the fin and drop them in the soap. I get them positioned where I want them, tie the bag and hang them up to set up. When they start to set up, I pull the wire out. They are very time consuming, but people just love them.

Isn't MP great...Don't be afraid to try using small 3-d candle molds with MP..They remove so easy..However,thought I would mention for small embeds..You,may wish to add...Choking Hazard...on these soaps...Kind Regards,linda

The goldfish in a bag are really cute and sell great for me. To keep the fish from turning upside down, I put a very small wire through the fin and drop them in the soap. I get them positioned where I want them, tie the bag and hang them up to set up. When they start to set up, I pull the wire out. They are very time consuming, but people just love them.

THANKS for the GREAT idea Meridith :smiley2:.