1. 1. How do you take notes?

• Handwritten in a notebook
    • On the computer
    • Notes? What notes?
    • Other method

It's alllll in my head....

:P

I wish! :naughty:

I like to write so I designed forms for each thing I need to keep track of...one form for scent testing, another form for wick testing, another form to keep track of color combos, recipe sheets for bath stuff, cost sheets to determine pricing, and various to-do sheets either in weekly format, one long list or by product depending on how busy it is. I *really* like to write. LOL I keep each type of form in separate binders and occasionally update the computer versions so that I can sort the lines alphabetically...something I really need to do again right away. I spent an hour copying color notes to my to-do sheet because everything is dreadfully out of order!

Notecards by scent are a greeaaat idea!

When I started candles I had a bound red leather notebook (1/2 sheet size) that I kept everything in - random notes, doodles, business ideas, everything. Still have it, it's very artistic looking :)

The actual candle formulas w/ color, wick, scent info I keep on index cards in a box on the candle workbench.

I do the same now, but a smaller spiral bound. For some reason I like hand written notes. I do keep burn tests and some recipe tests in iCalender, it's easy to go back and search for specific things.

Started with scraps copied onto notebook paper, now...

various templates specific for experiment (whatever I happen to be testing for). Arranged by date, exp. type, then indexed, put in 3-ring binders.

I started handwriting into a journal and then went to a template that I print out and put into a 3-ring binder.

But I'm liking the notecards idea...hmnnn. I'm sure I could make a template and just shoot the cards through the printer and then write the info on them.

I created a form using MS Word, then handwrite the notes into the form sections. Occasionally I need to tweak it and reprint new test sheets. Then I three-hole punch it and put in a binder of other candles being tested. Also I number my test candles using a paper sticker on the jar, then write the number on the test sheet so I don't mix them up. If/when I get a candle figured out and ready to put into production, I move it over to a different folder of finished tested candles. Then to be safe, I will scan them and save on a CD amd my HDD in case something happens to my binders.

geek

I too, like Geek made myself a data sheet in MS Word. I have had to change it from time to time, but no big deal. I print them out about 20 sheets at a time and put them in a 3 ring binder. A basic candle test sheet sample can be found on www.candlecauldron.com. When I test a new candle, I hand write the info on a seperate data sheet. I also put little stickers on each candle sample including F/O scent, wax type, wick type and date made for quick reference. After I've done a burn, I go back to my data sheet and write down my results, such as color, frosting, throw,wicking and burn quality. I'd be lost with out my sheets.

When I'm studying and taking note on Candle Tech, I have a spiral notebook with dividers separating different information like containers, wicking sizes, F/O and wax types supplies and tons of other stuff. My DH laughs at me and says that it looks like I'm studying for final exams when I'm studying and taking my notes on CT. I've learned so much on CT and thanks to all the wonderful people who ask questions and those who share information.

For my People Candle Testers, I make a spread sheet in Excel listing all the candles scents and ask questions like, how was the throw, F/O scent, wicking, burn/time, mushrooming, melt pool and if they liked it,loved it or hated it. I give them a paper copy with their candles so they can fill it out right away after burning a candle. Cause sometimes they forget what was what.

That's about it! Have fun and keep notes!

Both actually...... hand written in a ( several..lol) notebooks, divided into sections etc,,, then also on the puter and then burn off a CD of the major basic stuff ( refresh that every six months or so to bring everything up to the same page...) uuuummmmmm yes i DO have a problem okaaaaayyyyyy LOL:rolleyes2 ;):P