Biggest fair i have been to yet

Ok i am a bit nervous but at least i have till July to prepare for it. I have been used to only doing craft fairs in the winter for christmas.

Anyway i have been invited to have a booth at a fair at a wine company, apparently last year there was an attendence of 1500 people the planner expects a larger audience this year. :yay: Vendor fee is a measly $40.00 so i am very excited.

SHe said she was very impressed by my products when she saw them last year at a craft show, and wanted to make sure i was included.

Any suggestions on how much product i should bring would be greatly appreciated. :)

Currently i make:

Shampoo

Conditioner

Bubble bath

Bath & Shower Gel

Moisturizing cream

mud mask

deep sea clay scrub/mask

shaving soap

shaving creme

whipped butter scrub

I am also going to be practicing my bath bombs and i would love to include Bunny's bath melts. :yay:

"I have been invited to have a booth at a fair at a wine company"

If you have time & since it's at a wine company make things with grapeseed oil. You could also make special labels for the grapeseed line. Even if you can't sounds like you cant lose at only $40 bucks for the fee.

Good Luck, Candle Man

I'd have to agree with Tara. You should have an idea of what sells for you, but as you know, you can never know what the public will want from one week to the next.

I think it's better to have to much than not enough, so take as much as you can. I would then have a plan for a house party or open house in case you end up with a lot of products left over that you may not want sitting on your shelf till the next show you have.

Since it's a summer show I'd focus on light products, and maybe develope a sunburn product. The body parfaits for example 1 layer lotion, 1 layer colored aloe vera gel? Maybe make some champagin or wine glass candles if your interested in that. There are some wine fos out there. I think the gel candles in champaign glasses are pretty, even if it were just for your display.

People tend to take showers more so than baths in summertime, so I'd take more shower gel, and less bubblebath. They shave more often, so shaving products are great. They tend to want light lotions, and stear away from heavy creams and body butters. So I'd personally make and take along my products based on this. Not that I wouldn't take any "heavier" products, just less, and take more lighter products. HTH

Since it's a summer show I'd focus on light products, and maybe develope a sunburn product. The body parfaits for example 1 layer lotion, 1 layer colored aloe vera gel? Maybe make some champagin or wine glass candles if your interested in that. There are some wine fos out there. I think the gel candles in champaign glasses are pretty, even if it were just for your display.

People tend to take showers more so than baths in summertime, so I'd take more shower gel, and less bubblebath. They shave more often, so shaving products are great. They tend to want light lotions, and stear away from heavy creams and body butters. So I'd personally make and take along my products based on this. Not that I wouldn't take any "heavier" products, just less, and take more lighter products. HTH

you rock! :highfive: THank you so very much for the advice. Unfortunately i don't do candles right now but i am interested in the body parfaits. How would I package the parfaits?

I'd suggest a smooth side jar. I feel the "eye appeal" is very important with these, so you don't want anything interfering with that. I'm not sure if canning jars are smooth or not, or clear enough. Personally I'd go with a clear B&B jar, and I like doomed lids, but this really is a personal preference. Maybe do a search in the gallery or google and see if you can find a style you like.

Just throwing it out there....maybe you would want to do a

"Merlot" body parfait....a "Cabernet" body parfait....a "White Zinfandel" body parfait to try and cater to the event. I have done wine shows in the past and these people go crazy over anything grape or wine smelling. Of course, I do candles. So the body parfait is merely a suggestion to "market" to your client base. Check in the search. I believe Synascents had a body parfait a while back that she had posted for all to see and it looked awesome. Maybe getting a visual will help you to better decide what type of jars or presentation you will need. HTH

-Denise :cool2: Here is the link: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16002