Playing in M&P land

CDGM

Just playing :)

The pink stripe is JS's Pink Lemonade

The blue is my attempts at swirling... I just cant get a good swirl but its fun trying! Scented Very Sexy for Men.

FYI Hobby Lobby has all soap stuff 1/3 off... they had some neat molds when I was in there tonight.

post-2524-139458397996_thumb.jpg

post-2524-139458397998_thumb.jpg

post-2524-1394583980_thumb.jpg

post-2524-139458398001_thumb.jpg

post-2524-139458398003_thumb.jpg

I love them both! Its fun to see what others come up with for M&P, the possibilities are endless! Did you do the swirl in a slab mold,, or what? I like it, it looks sorta tie dyed. Are you worried about the colors bleeding?? I think I will do a citrus layer today similar to yours. keep on meltin!:highfive:

I had the very edge layers come apart but the others stuck together. But I dont know if this made a difference or not... my stripes were very cooled by the time I sliced them all then the white overpour was only cooled til it formed the first skin. Maybe it slightly melted the others to stick?

For the swirls I just did a thin layer of the white then drizzled (used a pippete and dont recommend that at all as it clogs! lol) the colors then more white and so on. I am going to try with a spoon or a syringe and maybe get more swirl effect than tye dye.

Ok so 3 for a newbie swap.... hey Grumpy where R U? lol

I had the very edge layers come apart but the others stuck together. But I dont know if this made a difference or not... my stripes were very cooled by the time I sliced them all then the white overpour was only cooled til it formed the first skin. Maybe it slightly melted the others to stick?

I'm confused, this is not a traditional layering then? You did something different than what I was thinking obviously, but I can't figure out exactly what you mean when you say "my stripes were very cooled by the time I sliced them all then the white overpour...."

Care to further your instructions for me? ;)

I really really like that pink one obviously, and I bet it smells really good as well.

I think the blue one is great also, maybe not as swirled as you would have liked, but very pretty and bright against all the white. :)

:thumbsup:

Why have a newbie swap? Your soap (and Val's) are just as nice as any of the more seasoned one's I've seen. :)

Besides, then all of us would miss out on receiving one of your soaps. :(;)

Grumpy...do a newbie swap.. I know Val and I will do it! <see me volunteering you Val!!> lol

Like Michi said, there is no such thing in one of the MP swaps as newbie soapers... it's open for everybody. Hell, some of your soaps are just as good as any other seasoned soaper I've seen so far. I try to hold one about every two months... make sure you two in the next one, we'd love to try your and Val's soaps! Val just happened to slip by me this time... she won't be so lucky the next. :P

I'm confused, this is not a traditional layering then? You did something different than what I was thinking obviously, but I can't figure out exactly what you mean when you say "my stripes were very cooled by the time I sliced them all then the white overpour...."

Care to further your instructions for me? ;)

Michi

What I did was made the clear with the colors I wanted to try and poured it into my pan (I used the aluminum throw away cake pan) then let it cool and set up and sliced it with the crinkle cutter. Then I took the pan again and laid the stripes in there and poured my white scented base over it while the white was still warm. The white seeped in between all the crinkles to hold it together. I did have to cut the top (which was the bottom of the pan) just a bit to take the white layer that formed under it off. Make sense? Ask Val I am always clear as mud! lol

When I cut them the layers stayed all together and held great... took it in the shower and it stayed together so I guess this works.

But even after adding 1T castor pp it still doesnt have a great lather. Husband can get lather on his hairy chest and arms but I would have to be gorilla woman to get mine to lather! <not happening! lol> Thats why we need a newbie swap..so we can all learn how and what we can add!

Any suggestions on what I can add instead or in addition.... I know you cant add much to a base and the rule of thumb is 1T pp right <Lord knows I have been wrong before and will be again>? FYI I am still "trying" bases... my clear is WSP's Crafters Choice and the white is NG's. I was told WSP's was a great base but lathering issues bug me.

Michi

What I did was made the clear with the colors I wanted to try and poured it into my pan (I used the aluminum throw away cake pan) then let it cool and set up and sliced it with the crinkle cutter. Then I took the pan again and laid the stripes in there and poured my white scented base over it while the white was still warm. The white seeped in between all the crinkles to hold it together. I did have to cut the top (which was the bottom of the pan) just a bit to take the white layer that formed under it off. Make sense? Ask Val I am always clear as mud! lol

When I cut them the layers stayed all together and held great... took it in the shower and it stayed together so I guess this works.

But even after adding 1T castor pp it still doesnt have a great lather. Husband can get lather on his hairy chest and arms but I would have to be gorilla woman to get mine to lather! <not happening! lol> Thats why we need a newbie swap..so we can all learn how and what we can add!

Any suggestions on what I can add instead or in addition.... I know you cant add much to a base and the rule of thumb is 1T pp right <Lord knows I have been wrong before and will be again>? FYI I am still "trying" bases... my clear is WSP's Crafters Choice and the white is NG's. I was told WSP's was a great base but lathering issues bug me.

You can add a LOT to a base :D You just have to try different things is all. Certain butters will be too oily if you add too much, and that will leave an oil slick on top of your soap after you pour it.. not fun. I would suggest adding more castor than that, I go up to 2T pp also try this.. As soon as your bases are melted add a pinch or two of sugar ;) Let me know if this works.. it does for me, and it does for a few others here, but there are some folks who think it's bull pucky and only works in CP heheh. I've tossed in a tsp or more of sugar lol, but I've learned it doesn't take much. Shea butter and Mango butter in MY opinion don't make your soap bubble any better, but they will make the lather just awesome.. your bubbles are going to come from castor and even added glycerine.. (works REALLY well.. try it!) and of course the dab of sugar. I also add jojoba oil (just a bit) to every batch I make lately.. it's very silky feeling in the lather, but over doing this one isn't good.. gets pretty oily. You can also add goats milk or cream for a lovely lather.. no gorilla hair necessary! :) Have fun, and don't be afraid to try things.. starting with smaller amounts and working your way up.

I have added a lot of additives and butters, oils etc to my base, but I have to say WSPs bases always have an awesome lather for me even if I add nothing, I use their clear and goat milk. I still have a small group of clients who will not switch over to using CP soap, which aggrevates me bcz I don't want to keep buying those soap blocks!

Can I say again, I really love the pink one:)

Thanks for the input gals... I appreciate it! I have all the additives you mentioned so will deffinitely be playing with adding them. Maybe I am just spoiled by my lather from shower gels!

Would 2T castor, 1T glycerin and 1T shea be too much pp? I am thinking that is what I will try first with the pinch of sugar.

Thanks for the input gals... I appreciate it! I have all the additives you mentioned so will deffinitely be playing with adding them. Maybe I am just spoiled by my lather from shower gels!

Would 2T castor, 1T glycerin and 1T shea be too much pp? I am thinking that is what I will try first with the pinch of sugar.

Do it! It sounds good to me, I'll be anxious to hear how it worked!