Presto Pot Problems

Hi All,

OK, I bought a Presto Pot, brand new off eBay, it wasn't the ridiculously priced spigotted one, just a plain Presto Kitchen Kettle. I then had it shipped over here to the UK at great cost.

It's been working great up until a few weeks ago when the light came on but the pot didn't heat up. The light doesn't go on or off unless I turn it off - and no matter what temperature I set it at - the heat just doesn't go into the pot and it stays stone cold.

I thought it may be the temperature controller, so I asked Presto to send me one but they refuse to ship outside of the USA and Canada, so I bought two from them, had them shipped to someone in Canada who then sent them to me - they arrived today, and have not fixed the problem :-(

has anyone else had this problem with their presto pots? I emailed Presto again today giving them a complete explanation of the problem and begged them for some advice and their one line reply was "we don't sell to the UK market".

I miss my pot so much, it's sat on my kitchen counter filled with chocolate fudge wax that just won't be melted.

If worst comes to worst then I guess I'll need a new one - does anyone know a store in the US that ships internationally? Walmart and Target don't.

Nat

Im sorry you are having such troubles hon. I do not know of suppliers that ship internationally but I can do this for you if you are interested! I can check my local WalMart for prices and get back to you. I can purchase them for you and ship them to you as long as you pay for the shipping. Would that help at all? Let me know and Ill take a look!!

God Bless,

OFCILynn

Hi OFCILynn,

Thank's so much for the offer and I think I'll take you up on it if I don't get any answers on how to fix the one I already have.

If you could find out the price of them, that would be great - I think I paid about $40 shipping for my last one but I can't remember - I would of course pay shipping if you are kind enough to get one for me.

I'll wait a day or two to see if there is anyone who can help with fixing mine, and if not is it OK to contact you?

Thanks

Nat

This is probably a redundant question, but was it 220/240V? Most appliances here in the US operate on 110/120V. I know that I had problems with my european appliances when I came here and had to get rid of all those that wouldn't operate with a converter. Wasn't sure if the Presto pots were the correct voltage?!?!?

The problem is that you need an adapter to use any US products as we run on different wattages,,Uk at 50 US at 60,,,everytime I go back home to the UK I need an adapter for my hair dryer and such to work,,,Look into that and it will work,,:D

I was just going to say the same thing until I scrolled down and saw this post. I'm sure it is a voltage problem and may be cured by an adapter. If that doesn't solve your problem I would be happy to help you with the shipping problems. Presto Pots are $22 at my local Wally World. So if I can be of help PM me.

Chris

This is probably a redundant question, but was it 220/240V? Most appliances here in the US operate on 110/120V. I know that I had problems with my european appliances when I came here and had to get rid of all those that wouldn't operate with a converter. Wasn't sure if the Presto pots were the correct voltage?!?!?

Hi All,

I have been using a voltage convertor because we have 3 pin plugs here, not the 2 pin ones used in the states and our voltage is higher. The pot has been working fine until a few weeks ago, if the voltage was a problem it would have blown up straight away - i checked my convertor, and bought a brand new one too as well as the new heat controllers, but no luck :(

Thank you for your offer Chris - can you advise on postage costs via global express or airmail?

Thanks

Natasha

I remember the sense of panic when my presto wasn't working!! Hope you get things straightened out soon. Mine was just not connecting well when I attached the cord. Wondered if too much wax was dripping down in and messing things up. It works ok 99% of the time.

I think it is going to forever remain a mystery. My presto pot was only 3 weeks old when it stopped working, and hadn't been used every day of those three weeks.

I got two new heat controllers, so the pins can't be lose on the 3 heat controllers I now have.

It looks like the problem is the actual pot, not the power going into it or the heat controller - they're working OK, but its just not getting the pot hot.

Just wanna cry - double boiling sucks and my cooker is covered in wax :(

Not to harp on the voltage problem, but I had a hair dryer that had a converter built in to it - or so it said. The thing worked fine for awhile and then just died, no forewarning or anything. When we lived in France and were going to use our American appliances for any longer period of time, we bought a very heavy duty transformer. It is larger and can handle transforming the current for a longer period of time. Some of the little transformers you can buy are for very short uses for travel only. Espcially with a presto pot where it is producing heat, I would look into a heavier duty transformer. It could be that it was getting too hot and burned out the coils or something like that. The transformer we have can also be used here in the States for the appliances I brought back from France - you can put it to work either direction. They aren't easy to find, but I think we found it at an electrical place.