How to...

Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me how to clean my molds?? I guess I know how to clean them from what I have read but I can't get the scent I used to go away. Will this effect my next scent I use?? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thank you everyone!! I bought a pretty big size mold and I was wondering how I could find a pan that big. However, I can use the other suggestions for the big mold and the small ones I can use the oven!! Thanks so much!!

ps. It just hit me I have a notebook and how weird its going to be to see my post in my notebook! How cool is that???

I just zap mine with a heat gun and wipe them out with a paper towel. If I'm using large molds, I scrunch up a paper towel, shove it to the bottom with a long wooden spoon and then swish the paper towel around inside the mold with the handle of the spoon. Oh, and I hold the mold with an old towel so I don't burn my hand holding it. I'm cheap, I don't like to heat up my oven to clean molds with the cost of electricity in our area...it's outrageous! Our electric bills have doubled since new rate increases went into affect a short time ago. Ouch!!

Guest ShellyRobyn

I heat mine and wipe out with a paper towel too. I use OOPS! when i really need to clean them really good. Like when I make reds and then am going to do a light color. I get OOPS! at Walmart for under $3 a can. I love the stuff. And it's great for cleaning up too.:smiley2:

I just zap mine with a heat gun and wipe them out with a paper towel. If I'm using large molds, I scrunch up a paper towel, shove it to the bottom with a long wooden spoon and then swish the paper towel around inside the mold with the handle of the spoon. Oh, and I hold the mold with an old towel so I don't burn my hand holding it.

Ditto what Fern said :highfive: