Disgusting Intestine Brain Looking Candle!!

I normally make soy candles and thought that I would give paraffin a try. This is my first container candle and I must say it looks disgusting. I can't even look at it, its freakin me out!!! LOL Is this normal with paraffin?

candle.jpg

I used IGI 4786 with 1.2 oz pp Clean Cotton

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SP

Personally, I think it looks kinda cool. But I'm sure that's not the look you were going for. I have never used 4786 and haven't had a candle turn out like that, so I'm stumped. Maybe someone else has more info? I think Breanna uses this wax, but I could be wrong.:confused:

LOL, if you hadn't used the words intestine and brain, it wouldn't have appeared so gross when I looked at it. Seriously though, I can't imagine what could have caused it. I use 4786 too, and never got anything like that before. The FO amount I use is about half, though I'm not sure that has anything to do with it.

I love this wax and have never seen this, was it cold when you burned it?

I let it sit for a day in the kitchen which is the coldest part of my home and it has been a bit chilly lately. .......so I guess maybe it has to do with it being cooled down too fast?

I'm going to try another batch with different combo and see if it happens again.

I really like this wax also. The scent throw is great and fairly easy to work with.

Thanks again for the help,

SP