wicking hex jar

Ive been having trouble with the size wick the company recommended for these jars.Sooting only..Full melt across jar is good.They recommended 51-32-18z and I order 6 bags of this in Dec.. I just called and told her about it and she said to try LX 18 or 20. Hate to order another that doesnt work.They have a sample pack that you can order...no freebies .Has anyone tried this and like it?I use pariffin and 3% fo .oh...9oz hex jar.Thanks ,Jan

Just edit ...I put 51-36-18z...its suppose to be 51-32-18z.sorry

don't know if this size will work. i use igi 4630 container wax in a 10 oz octogon jar. and a 51-32-18 zinc wick.

Ive been having trouble with the size wick the company recommended for these jars.Sooting only..Full melt across jar is good.They recommended 51-36-18z and I order 6 bags of this in Dec.. I just called and told her about it and she said to try LX 18 or 20. Hate to order another that doesnt work.They have a sample pack that you can order...no freebies .Has anyone tried this and like it?I use pariffin and 3% fo .oh...9oz hex jar.Thanks ,Jan

It may be worth a try to wick down and see what happens. You can also try a different wick type and see if that helps. Maybe an HTP or LX. For the record, I don't put much stock in the pick-a-wick database. I've seen some things in there that I really question. By the way, what type of wax are you using?

i use the 51-32-18 all my color/fragrances. no problems with sooting as long as the wick is get to 1/4?" between burns. i tried the 44-32-18 zinc and didn't get a full melt pool. but i also heavily fragrance my jar candles because that is what my customers want. so some of the heavier fragrances do soot. but the hot throw is so awesome, they don't mind the soot. they just wipe the lip of before they burn again.

I would try like a 44-28-18z for starters :)