Cream soap people

anhoki

My first batch is still in the rotting stage. Becka, the lady that runs the cream soap yahoo group uses the airless pump bottles from lotioncrafters, she thins it down a great deal before putting it in there, how much I do not know.

I think you could package this soap however you wanted. If in a jar, you'd want it thicker, and thinner for bottles. I am sure with experimenting, you could figure out a proper ratio. Just make sure to add the appropriate preservative.

I've ordered from 3 different places that each sold that booklet, and I forgot to order it each time. Now for me to get it, it will cost almost $8 in shipping, so I'm waiting on buying the booklet and moving forward.

I've spent a lot of time at the cream soap yahoo group and taking notes there. I think most, if not all of CF's book is covered over there, in addition to other methods. It's all just scattered about in all the messages.

I've got some of those airless pumps and I'd like to get some malibu's to experiment with, just to compare the two.

I think this soap would look fabulous in a clear bottle of some sort so you could see it in addtion to using it.

BUNNY...I am JUST as impatient so I am going to make yours first as a test batch and then work on my OWN for the swap. Got my stick blender and Kitchen Aid standing by waiting. I have the coolest bottles for this IF I can make it work right.

ok after the cook...and its sat for a few days. You can add more liquid to get the soap to where its mostly liquid. OR thin enough to fit in those bottles. Just understand that after the cook its supposed to go through stages where its hard, then softens, then softens some more to where its like taffy. If you add the water or juice after the taffy stage you can control how liquid it becomes. If it stays hard as a rock and doesnt really want to turn into taffy add about an ounce of water a day and stir/mix At the hard as a rock stage I wouldnt suggest using a hand mixer or anything --- as it might burn up the motor. HTH

Pam

Rotting is a term for the soap developing. Not the quite the same as a CP cure, it meld and developed its moisturizing during the rot.

Rebecca.. After I read mine, want me to send it on to you?

Can't wait to hear how it turns out Bunnie! (That is so weird typing Bunnie, my finger goes to the Y automatically!)

It's supposed to come in today's mail.. So I'll read it and take notes, and you can just toss it back in the mail after you've read it and taken out of it what you want?

I'm a yahoo'r cream soaping chic too, and have been reading like crazy!!!

GOOD to know. With my life drama today I don't think I will be able to get to this until this weekend SO by then I will have the book and MORE of these posts here to refer to. Thank you so much.

:D

ok after the cook...and its sat for a few days. You can add more liquid to get the soap to where its mostly liquid. OR thin enough to fit in those bottles. Just understand that after the cook its supposed to go through stages where its hard, then softens, then softens some more to where its like taffy. If you add the water or juice after the taffy stage you can control how liquid it becomes. If it stays hard as a rock and doesnt really want to turn into taffy add about an ounce of water a day and stir/mix At the hard as a rock stage I wouldnt suggest using a hand mixer or anything --- as it might burn up the motor. HTH

Pam

Me either. I've been Bunnie for over 12 years now. My DH calls me Bunnie. This is why my biz is Bunnie's Workshop. :D

Can't wait to hear how it turns out Bunnie! (That is so weird typing Bunnie, my finger goes to the Y automatically!)

Too funny! I've been called Bunny since before I was born, but my father wouldn't let it go on my birth certificate. It's even on my credit report!

Well.. I just got the book. Took all of 10 minutes to read it. Umm.. Ok.

So I paid MORE in shipping for NOTHING!!!! UG...Don't tell me that Bunny. Maybe I can tweak my brain to "just not get it" so I can make the book a reasonable purchase.

:( :tiptoe:

Too funny! I've been called Bunny since before I was born, but my father wouldn't let it go on my birth certificate. It's even on my credit report!

Well.. I just got the book. Took all of 10 minutes to read it. Umm.. Ok.

Ok inquiring minds want to know - as if I need another "to do" what is this.. I saw all the beautiful pictures of Bunny's but have been just popping in and out.. what is the cream soap yahoo group.. I would like to take a peak at it and do some research ... and no Bunny - I still havent made that conditioner yet, have all the ingredients though.... lol :laugh2:

yall understand that Catherine Failors book is short and sweet....but I have never heard of any of her recipes like monstrously failing. Meaning that the soap goes through the stages if you let it....I know many of you want to get your cooked soap and just add water immediately....don't let it sit a week and stir everyday. It will go through those stages naturally if you have followed her recipe.

I suggest that whatever method you use oven, or crockpot or stovetop that you test after every 30 minutes at least. Because of the different temperatures of everyone's oven its difficult to tell how long you should cook the soap. I can cook my soap in my crock pot for an hour and its done....other people in other parts of the country with different temperatures can cook for 1 hour and a half and their soap is done. Plus there are other factors like how long you leave your lid to your pot on before you stir, how often you stir, etc... Sorry to say that every variable is important.

So test and take lots of notes.

This is so interesting to me. I've been wanting to make this for soooo long and am happy to hear that you all are busy experimenting and sharing your findings. Please keep us posted as to how it turns out Bunny. Got my fingers crossed for ya girl!!

I can't help but scooping a wee bit out every day to see if it feels different! And it truly feels better and better every day! OMG this stuff is fantastic! Now, let's see if I can re-create it! (that'll be the hard part!)