What to use to stir????

Guest Japes

Guest Japes

Wow, but all the ones I've seen are 500 degrees and up. That terrifies me. They don't have any lower temperature guns?

RE: Heat guns... see my post to your separate thread. Try an embossing gun. :)

And I also use a whisk to incorporate scent and color into my candle wax. I have zero problem with bubbles in my finished candles, because they quickly come to the surface and break while I'm whisking. I don't pour right away. The whisk really helps work stubborn fo's into the wax by breaking it into small particles which are more easily absorbed.

If you use a whisk correctly, you can avoid incorporating too much air. And if you whisk when the wax is still fairly hot, the air bubbles that do form just come to the surface and pop. It's no biggie, really. I've been doing it this way successfully for years. :)

I use the embossing gun from the craft store - it does get hot but you hold it back away from the candle a bit.

The plastic forks I use for stiring don't melt or bend in the wax but the heat gun will melt them :grin2:

I use a wire whisk as well, easy to clean up (I keep it upside down in a pour pot and just scrape the few beads of wax off the bottom when hard) and great at mixing stubborn fragrance oils as another poster said, plus can't beat .96 a piece at walmart. I have several because I misplace things.

'

I bought the nylon wisks from pampered chef 5 yrs ago. They cost a little bit more, but I bought 3 and have never had to buy more. They work awesome and you can use the heat gun on them and they are fine.