tops of candles after 1st burn...

I am a soy newbie and have poured and burned both the Golden 435 and 464. My question is this....is it "normal" for the candle tops to look all funky (uneven, craggy...NOT smooth) after the wax sets up again after the first (an all subsequent) burn?? Being an ex-parrafin person I was somewhat horrified as I started test-burning my candles and saw how the tops set back up burning. they seemed to get worse looking with each subsequent burn! Is this considered "normal" for soy candles?? Are customers freaked out by this?

I use EZSoy and sometimes the tops are funky looking after the first or second burn then seem to smooth out some after subsequent burns. Ditto on just telling my customers that this is a normal characteristic of soy and does not affect the burn, throw or quality of the candle. So far, no one seems to mind!

I would like to add that my experience with the new Golden Brands waxes, I did not get good results adding beeswax to them. But it never hurts to try, as many diff. people will get many diff. results. That's the fun of learning, trying new things to see what works, what doesn't. Also like was mentioned, some people don't care about the appearance. If they know it is soy, most people accept the candles as they are.

Ok...I don't feel so bad now!!! :-) I was planning on putting some kind of a "disclaimer" on the label about the "rustic characteristics of soy wax" or something to ease customers minds anyway...! At least its just not me having the problem. Scent throw appears to be excellent, which is what my customers go for mostly anyway...Thanks to everyone who responded!!!

I use Cargill Nature Wax C3 and I never have the problem of frosting on the tops. I also use eco wicks as well. I used to use EZ Soy but I always got the frosting effects and many of my customers didn't like the look. Sometimes I could take a hair dryer to them to smooth the tops out but I didn't want to hassel with it anymore.