Freezer Crackle

Jaye

After many attempts at doing the crackle technique the proper way (and failing miserably :(:grin2: ) this is what I came up with using the freezer. Please forgive the blurriness... photography isn't one of my stronger points either! :o

[ATTACH]5603[/ATTACH]

post-2345-139458397538_thumb.jpg

Jaye....well, you got it to work...whoo hoo!......When I dip I don't let it "float"....it goes in and then right out, then in and back out about 3 or 4 times.....keep it moving so it won't float. I guess your wick fell out because you make your candle by inserting the wick after the candle was made. I always do my crackles with wicks that are in the candle from the beginning. If you have to make your candles with an inserted wick, leave a wick tab on the bottom. And remember, practice makes perfect. I am still working on it. I keep learning new "little" things. Donita;)

What's the freezer method?!?!?!? She said with a goofy look on her face......

I'm not sure how everybody else uses the "freezer method" Mama... I just ran a candle under hot water and put it immediately into the freezer for a while. I think about half an hour?! :tongue2:

Thanks to Donita's help though, I was able to use the correct technique and came up with this pentagon...

[ATTACH]5664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5665[/ATTACH]

Which I have to say looks MUCH better in real life than in the pic! :undecided :cheesy2:

post-2345-139458397682_thumb.jpg

post-2345-139458397685_thumb.jpg