Triple Swirl in my Misty Creek Mold

Michi

I have that mold as well and here is the seller on Ebay. They are super nice to deal with and the mold is as easy as pie to line. They send a template and you just fold the paper around it and slip it in the mold, then tape it up to the sides. Comes with a divider so you can put 2 diff. batches in one mold, or split it off and make a 1/4 or 1/2 batch. Comes with a big honking knife, you just cut across through the slots each way, and walah, you have soap bars. She answered all 500 of my questions to her about this mold, before I bought it, LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WOODEN-16-BAR-SOAP-MOLD-KIT-WOOD-W-KNIFE-SUPPLIES-b_W0QQitemZ8274238107QQcategoryZ28116QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Beautiful soap and really neat-looking mold! Is the blade on the knife sharp enough that it cuts cleanly through the paper lining the mold? I was thinking that if the knife blade just kind of pushed the paper down instead of cutting through it, it could mess up the edges of the bars if the soap were still soft.

Or I guess if you trim the edges anyway, that wouldn't really matter.

Beautiful soap and really neat-looking mold! Is the blade on the knife sharp enough that it cuts cleanly through the paper lining the mold? I was thinking that if the knife blade just kind of pushed the paper down instead of cutting through it, it could mess up the edges of the bars if the soap were still soft.

Or I guess if you trim the edges anyway, that wouldn't really matter.

I have two of these molds. What I do is slit the paper that shows above the soap with a sharp knife. It gives the blade a starter cut and removes the problem of the paper jamming down into the kerf and messing up the soap. Takes less than a minute to do.

Good idea, Brenda; I'm sure that's a perfect solution. I may just have to get me one of these. I enjoy my log mold that hubby made me, but I just love the look of soap made in a slab; you can do such neat things to the tops.:)

I have two of these molds. What I do is slit the paper that shows above the soap with a sharp knife. It gives the blade a starter cut and removes the problem of the paper jamming down into the kerf and messing up the soap. Takes less than a minute to do.

I have the one mold from them, but am thinking about a 2nd mold soon. I do what Brenda does, I take a sharp knife and make the little slits around the top edges and the blade slides right through.