How many scents?

What is a good number of scents to offer for candles and bath n body products. Right now, I have about 40.

But I wonder if that is like giving a customer too many choices.

And how to decide what scents to not offer.. I personally love them all but 1 0r 2...lol

pix

Right now I have 40 total. I keep about 25-30 year round and then I change out the others for fall & spring. My fall scents come out August 1 and my spring scents come out January 1. I started out with 30 total and have worked my way up. I am always adding new scents though so my number will go way up! LOL! I have made a promise to myself that I will not have more than 75 scents at one time!!! And usually when I add a new scent, I take one away that hasn't been selling well. HTH!

Well now my 40 doesn't seem so huge,compared to yours,lol.

I guess I just cant decide how many or which ones.. with the ooodles and oodles of scents available.

Think I'll ultimately have say 50. (Now I just have to decide what scents I want)

Thanks!

pix

I have about 50 candle scents, though some are seasonal and won't sell well in the summer. It's so hard not to continually add new Fos since I am always finding more that I just have to have, lol. 50 is a workable number for me though.

Yes it's hard to deside. What you like in scents your customers may not like.

The best way I know to find out what people like in candle scents in your area is to poll them. Make out a survey and have customers, friends & family, co-workers etc. check the list.

What type of candle scents do you like?

Check all that apply.

Fruits & Berries

Floral

Spice

Earthy

Fresh & Clean

Citrus

Baking

etc. add to the list as you like. This way, with this survey, it will give you an idea of what scents to choose.

In my area florals, baking & spice scents do not sell well for me.

Hope this helps.