Brochure Ideas

Tess

Hi All! I thought I might start a pretty helpful thread. I searched brochures to get some ideas, but I did not come up with any actual pics. Seems like alot of peeps have my same problem when making these. I just really suck at creativity, and need some ideas on layout, wording, and pictures so I can decide on how I should do mine. I am going to also try Vista Print and see if they can design me one. But it seems like if I do my own I might get it done cheaper.

Soooo for those of you who have brochures, if you feel up to it would you mind posting what yours looks like, in order to get others a jump start? I am sure everyones will be well appreciated, and I intend to post my rough drafts as soon as I can. Thanks everyone!;)

I need help as well. :eek:

I feel the same way as you, I just can't get a picture in my head of how it should look, the layout, and forget coming up with catchy wording, I suck at that. :rolleyes:

I really REALLY REALLY want to have a brochure to hand out to peeps when they ask, so they can get a visual and have a scent list right there, with pricing and everything so maybe they'd place an order right then and there, KWIM??

I'm kind of clueless also about doing like a tri-fold, how does one set that up in a program?

I have publisher, print shop, and microsoft office I guess, but I haven't really looked in them to get going on a brochure yet.

I'm such a big chicken, and always afraid of failing, so then I never try. I suck I know. :rolleyes:

I'm watching this post too for ideas.......:wink2:

I'm thinking.....

What most people probably want is their 'logo' and contact information on a first page of a tri-fold brochure, with something interesting to keep people reading throughout the other pages..........

A list of some of your products and basic prices

A website address

More product info...

Pictures

I guess the idea is to get a list of what you NEED people to know

Maybe a coupon on the back page for their first order?

Just some ideas..........

Possibly when you are out and about, in stores, grab a brochure or two to get some ideas...........travel places have them, lawncare companies, spas etc.....

Mine is currently a tri-fold, but it's getting kind of crowded, I think. I do recall someone doing a bi-fold with a second page in the center that had scent list and specials...maybe a coupon? the center page could be changed on a whim. I played with it a bit last year, but never got it how I wanted it. I may play again. I punched a hole along the fold at the top and bottom then threaded a ribbon through the holes that tied at the "spine".

Currently on my tri-fold, the front has logo and contact info. The inside three columns have pics and descriptions and prices. The inside back has hurricanes and the center back has candle safety. I have a 1/3 page insert that has scents front and back.

I used a template that I have on my computer - Microsoft word, maybe?

I recall someone organized a brochure swap last year. If you get something together, you could organize a swap and get lots of different ideas for making it better.

I do a tri fold brochure...

On the inside, 1st column I have a picture of my jars, sizes and prices underneath. Under that is a picture of my wickless tin and warmer with prices underneath and brief description.

Middle section has picture of wax melts with brief description and pricing.

Third section has a picture of votives, with brief description and pricing. Then pillars underneath that.

On the two sides of the back has part of my scent list w/ description....

Does that help any? LOL I can't post a picture unless I print and scan....

I also do a tri-fold brochure. I really like the glossy tri-fold paper but had problems with smearing so I use the lesser expensive flat tri-fold paper. I have windows ME, my brochure can be found under Microsoft Works brochure task. It's pretty easy to set up, I re-did my brochure a few times now. If you're anything like me, you'll be playing until it feels right.

I have my name & contact info on the cover & back center of the brochure along with photos. I also use the back cover for customer compliments. The remaining 4 pages I separate by product. Photo(s), product detail, info, highlights, benefits, variety, specialties, gift ideas, pricing you get the idea.

Best tip I can give on brochures> Keep it friendly, like you, small bio, highlight your best points, list product info & details. LOTS of photos. Google Picasa2 if you need a free photo editor download. hth :)

Thanks everyone who have so far shared their ideas. This is a great thread and will help many I think. I am doing a rough draft of a brouchure I am going to do myself, and one from Vist Print this week. Maybe use both. Anyway when I get done with mine Ill be sure to post. Hopefully tonight.

You said everything you need to in that brochure.

Love it. Great job!

So it's a one page brochure? Do you print them yourself?

I will definately take your layout in consideration when making a brochure!

:highfive:

We do print them (and our labels and business cards) ourselves and it is a one page 5x7. Our printer (Epson R800) is capable of printing thick card stock and even thicker paper that would need to be inserted from the back.

Thank you for your compliments.

:grin2: I've been working hard to "un-bore" my brochure this afternoon. So far I've come up with this:

soap_brochure_outside_new.jpg

The inside of this tri-fold will be soaps and body sprays. I only have a laser printer (not color), so won't be able to print these myself. I plan to put info on base oils and essential oils, etc. in a separate insert that I can print myself.

It's better than my first one. I hope! :)

Do you have a scanner? That's all I can think of--hope someone can help you because I'd love to see it!!

Jane

We posted at the same time. I have a scanner but it was coming out blurry. I did the "printscrn" feature (Thanks Brenda)!

It probably could have come out better, but I was in a hurry to show ya'll!!:D

Your brochure is lovely, Tess! :) Very eye-catching.

Thanks!! I am going to try another from Vista Print, since they are offering, but I like doing them at home. I just hope it is not going to cost me an arm and a leg. I am probably going to use photo ink, and HP Premium paper. I used the paper on the first 10 I printed, and they came out great. About as good as a laser. So Ill try the phot ink and see if that helps. I dunno may be cheaper to get at Vista lol!!

Hey all I just bought some HP tri-fold Brochure Paper (Glossy) and let me tell you, the outcome with the pictures is WONDERFUL!!! I absolutely suggest using it. Does anyone know where I can get HP papers in bulk for a discount? Thanks!!